protx payments not downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

protx payments not downloading

Hi, we have had two orders today got though ok but the payment part from protx has not downloaded into actinic. We are using V7 and hosted with 4sure.

I have checked with protex and the payment went through succsesfully.

This has happends to us two or three times this month what can I do to stop this happening?

Thanks
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

This can sometimes happen if the customer closes the browser after submitting payment to Protx - so they are not taken back to see the Actinic receipt (although I'm not certain that this return is absolutely required by Actinic).

Some customers have edited their Protx templates to make the 'Return to Your Receipt' link much more prominent. This is worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
      This can sometimes happen if the customer closes the browser after submitting payment to Protx - so they are not taken back to see the Actinic receipt .
      I don't think that's correct actually. Yes, the customer receipt email isn't generated and sent (nor is a merchant "copy" if set up) if the customer doesn't follow on to the Actinic receipt (and we all know this happens a LOT!) but the Protx payment should still be complete and downloaded into Actinic.

I've once had this happen, where a payment was received but not downloaded (so the order was left in the PSP pending folder) and I never figured out why it happened.

It has made me paranoid enough to always check Protx directly if I have a PSP pending order that doesn't receive a payment within 10 or so minutes though!
      Tracey

Comment

hi, we have had this three or fout times now in last two months. Have to check protx every time then make a manuel adjustment in 'payment tab'

There must be a bug somewhere as the customer knows they have paid and the order has come through to actinic but they payment part does not download.

wes
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

and strangley I've had it happen TWICE today having only ever happened once in the past!
          It's happened once on each website today..very weird..
          Tracey

Comment

Are Protx going through a server relocation at the moment? I don't have access to my emails at the moment but they did send a warning about this, it was due to happen this week some time. Perhaps this explains the problem as it happened to me for the first time this week as well.
            http://www.bowstock.co.uk

Comment

protx have been relocating, but we have had this problem before that took place and last month.
              Wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

The Protx data centre relocation was programmed for 5am today 10th. It could be that preparations for this move may have had an effect on normal running (though it is likely that Protx would have been monitoring to minimise or eliminate this possibility).

If that was the case, then the problems should disappear now the move is completed.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                X