shipping checkout pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping checkout pages

Is it possible to edit the shipping page (whereyou can select user defined boxes etc) to add something like this in, it can be very useful to know where one's customers are actually coming from in conjunction with a advertising campaign?

• How did you find our site ?
    What Car
    Autocar
    Classic Car
    Fleet Car
    Personal recomendation

Hi,

There is already some code contained within Act_Order02.html for inserting a drop-down list of options for the 'How did you find our site' field.

Look for:

<!-- Use the HTML below to have a drop-down for the 'How did you find our site?' -->
    <!--
    <TR>
    <TD BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</FONT></TD>
    <TD BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">
    <SELECT NAME="GENERALHOWFOUND"> <OPTION SELECTED>Please select:
    <OPTION VALUE="Search Engine">Search Engine
    <OPTION VALUE="Magazine">Magazine
    <OPTION VALUE="Other">Other
    </SELECT>
    </FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    //-->

Uncomment this code (except for the 1st line) and change the OPTION VALUES to your own (adding more if you want).

You will also need to comment out the original text option for this above it:

<TR>
    <TD BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALPROMPT000</FONT></TD>
    <TD BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2"><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="GENERALHOWFOUND"

SIZE="40" MAXLENGTH="255" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:GENERALHOWFOUND"></FONT></TD>
    </TR>

otherwise you will have two options - one with a text box and one with a drop-down list.

The information for this will be displayed under the 'Misc' tab when you view the order.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for the info Tracy.

Before I modified Act_order02.html, I looked on our site for the original 'how found' box but to no avail.

Anyway I went ahead & tried your suggestion but cannot see the results on line. I used the update rather than refresh option to upload the modified file.

I can get the code working when I preview it using our HTML editor (Adobe Golive).

As we use Worldpay as our psp does this have any effect on this template?

Regards
      Brian Walton

Comment

Hi Brian,

Did you uncomment the code? It should look like:

<!-- Use the HTML below to have a drop-down for the 'How did you find our site?' -->

<TR>
        <TD BGCOLOR="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">
        <SELECT NAME="GENERALHOWFOUND"> <OPTION SELECTED>Please select:
        <OPTION VALUE="Search Engine">Search Engine
        <OPTION VALUE="Magazine">Magazine
        <OPTION VALUE="Other">Other
        </SELECT>
        </FONT></TD>
        </TR>

Also, go to the 'Design' menu and select 'Text', click on the 'Go To' button in the bottom left corner of that window and type 4 in the Phase field and 0 in the ID field and click 'OK'. This should take you to User Definable 1 in the General Information tab. The prompt will read something like 'How did you find our site'. Ensure that the checkbox under the 'Show' column is ticked.

If all the above has been done but you are still getting the problem, please post the code for Act_Order02.html and I will take a look at it.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X