Actinic Link not translation product codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link not translation product codes

I have recently installed Actinic link and Sage and imported a product translation table from a combination of a download from actinic of the Actinic Reference codes (I have only used the primary codes 1, 2 ,3 etc and not the secondary 1!1 2!120 etc - i.e duplicate products) as whne i first tried to upload the whole list actinic link appeared not to like the ! in the Actinic Reference. I have also timmed the spaces from either before or after the number and these are matched to the relavant Sage code i.e PMC0001 in the table.

However when running link the invoices are created with Product codes such as S1 and the Actinic Reference appears to be uploaded to a Comment Line 2 in the S1 product details.

Has anyone encountered this previously and can advise where we appear to be going wrong.

We do have allow duplicated checked in Actinic Link because of the many duplicates we have in Actinic that all related to the one Sage reference - could this be affecting it?

Regards

Rob
    http://www.performancemotorcare.com
    Last edited by robmob; 07-Oct-2006, 07:47 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Rob
    For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Rob

Really the best thing to do is to use the same product codes in Actinic as you do in Sage - and don't use product reference translation. Actinic Link will just ignore the duplicate product reference suffix and resolve all the duplicate product orders on the Actinic store to the same Sage product code.

Comment

Chris

Is there an easy way to do this. As we also sell on ebay and have another price of software in place to import that data set based on the codes we have ins Sage i.e PMC0001 etc then I will want to use these same codes rather than the ones generated by actinic.

I already have a spreadsheet that contains the PMC code vs the matching Actinic code including all the duplicate codes i.e. 2!102 etc

Can I somehow just upload this into actinic and for it to overwrite all of the exiting actinic codes to the PMC ones? If this is possible does it also automatically number the duplicates in the same format i.e 2!PMC0102 even though the code in the spreadsheet will show 2!102 = PMC0102 or whatever the number happens to be?

Your further guidance would be much appreciated as I have my accounts advisor back in again on Thursday and ideally we would like to have this one cracked by then.

Many thanks

Rob
      Last edited by robmob; 10-Oct-2006, 09:16 PM. Reason: spellings
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robmob
        However when running link the invoices are created with Product codes such as S1
        This is exactly the problem I have been having, although I am not using prodiut translatio tables.
        ArtyMiss
        www.artymiss.co.uk
        Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

Sorry to bump this one back up but can anyone advise re #3 as I have the accountant in first thing in the morning and am hoping to get the link working tonight/very early in the morning.

Many thanks

Rob
          Rob

Comment

Robert

Apologies for the delay in responding to you, but I was out of the office yesterday.

What I would suggest is changing all your Actinic product references to be the same as your Sage ones. There are two ways to do this:
            • Manually - i.e. change each one by hand. You can use the export of the product translation table to help you with this.
            • Automatically - you could transfter products from Sage to Actinic, complete with the correct reference numbers, and then update the products in Actinic to make them look as you need them.
            I appreciate that either way is tricky, and will take time, but this is the best solution long term.

Aside from that, Link handles duplicates fine so you really shouldn't have to worry about supplying all the duplicate suffixes (!1, !2 etc.) in the product reference translation table.

Comment

Working...
            X