links not indexed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

links not indexed

I was wondering if anyone can help me, i am totally new to web pages etc.
    My field is network engineering, but the company i work for asked me to have a go at setting up ecommerce site. we purchased actinic v7, put in all the products and sellected the smart theme, after getting no results on line and very few sales, i started to read the threads on this forum. i ran the lynx text web browser against our site, it was not getting any results past the main web page. so i took the decision to create a manual web page and create links in to the shop index page, also i changed the theme from smart to plain text. now in lynx all the links through the site show up as do the products.
    But i am really at a loss why when the site was scanned by google and other search engines none of the links show up, if i search the web for products we sell only the goods advertised on the front page show results. Does anybody know how to get all the products in our shop to be available for customers to buy, its no wonder we are not selling, nobody knows what we sell.
    The web site is http://www.carpartfactors.com
    I know it looks rubbish but i will work on details when i know people can find products on it.

any ideas would be appreciated.

ck

Google shows 86 of your internally linked pages using the site command.

Do you have any external links? Directory listings, manufacturer's/suppliers website links - anything? [added - I found your cknape site, so yes - you have external links - but those are from a site that is itself not listed anywhere...]

You need to work on the details first - if there is no content, there is nothing for the search engines to find and work with. If there are no visible external links there is not much to tempt the spiders back to the site.

I see the domain name has existed for just over a year, but how long has there been a published site?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

for bill

site has been up since june, we will have around 2000 external links coming on board over the next 4 months, so that should help.

i was just concerned that when i searched for a product of ours like

AUTOGLYM ULTRA DEEP SHINE

i can scroll through the entire google list and not find our site, i just don't understand why.

the new links by the way will be automotive links.

Comment

Working...
      X