Too Wide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Wide!

I have just re-installed Actinic on a new HD (from a Site Snapshot so nothing has changed). Problem is that now when I view the site in the browser I have to scroll sideways to see the whole page, plus there's a gap between the top table and the side. This is only on the home page and on any pages with more than two images side by side. Why, when the problem did not exist before, does it do this now?

Many thanks in advance.

Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Have you changed screen resolution?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If you have switched PC, check you haven't also changed browser eg from Internet Explorer to Firefox, as either can have a slightly differently way of rendering a page, which can affect things like spacing. On my home page, the spacing between certain elements changes when viewed on IE and then Firefox.

Comment

I am using a couple of browser and it's the same in both. Haven't changed screen resolution. When you look at the site do you have to scroll? And do you see the space I am talking about at the top? See the site here.

What can I do to rectify the problem? Other than downsizing tables etc.

Karen
        Kind Regards
        Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

No horizontal scrolling required at 1280 x 1024 - lower resolutions do need a scroll.

Not sure what you are calling the top table - but no obvious misalignments showing either.

Checked in Firefox 1.5.0.7 , Opera 9.2 and IE7 RC1.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I meant the header table at the very top. Thanks for checking for me Bill, much appreciated.

What can I do to ensure the gap doesn't exist whichever resolution you set? Users shouldn't have to scroll across to view the site.

Karen
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

I think it's the 'Product Highlights' table that is very wide and pushing the design apart in the lower resultions. Try changing this to a two column table or using smaller images.

Comment

Working...
              X