IE7 and Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE7 and Previews

Has anyone had any problems previewing designs within ACTINIV V7 itself after upgrading to IE7?

My previews sometimes work, then on other products the do not automatically refresh the display. Have checked all the IE7 settings, they seem OK.

Have also tried manual refresh, but that doesnt seem to work for all products either?

Any ideas?

YES - I tried ie7 for awhile and had several problems with it which I did not have the time to dig into so I uninstalled it and went bakc to ie6. Its still Beta software I think so I will check again in the new year.

Comment

There's been quite a few forum discussions in the past about people having problems with IE7. Most have had to uninstall and go back to IE6, as Malcolm recommends.

Comment

yeah, thats what I have indeed had to do. Shame, IE7 looks quite funky.

Thanks for the help lads, IE7 removed and all is well with previews and IE6

Comment

Beta 1 and Beta 2 had their problems, but IE7 is now at Release Candidate status, and is extremely usable and a much better browser than IE6.

Expect IE7 to be rolled out to all users as part of Windows Update within a month.

If your site is not set up to cater to IE7 users, you could well lose out over Xmas.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If your site is not set up to cater to IE7 users, you could well lose out over Xmas.
            does this mean we need to take any action?

Comment

I think so. I'd nip over to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en and get the readiness evaluation toolkit (and there is a link at the bottom of that page to the developers toolbar - also well worth having.
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                Beta 1 and Beta 2 had their problems, but IE7 is now at Release Candidate status, and is extremely usable and a much better browser than IE6...
                Does it work ok with Actinic preview then Bill?

Comment

get the readiness evaluation toolkit
                  More fun and games

Comment

[quote[ Duncan - Does it work ok with Actinic preview then Bill?[/quote]
                    It does - at least with v7.0.5, 7.0.6 and v8.0.1, 8.0.2 and 8.0.3.

Opera 9.2 and IE7 render most sites exactly the same - I now find I have to look for odd [non-standard] appearance/behaviour in Firefox.
                    Bill

Comment

I read a few days ago that the IE7 will be a forced upgrade as part of the windows update process. One of their new security features will not be included as standard for XP users until the new year and will probably have to be paid for then.

If all IE versions were forced without choice to upgrade to IE7, i think there are quite a few web designers who will at least cross 2 or 3 browser versions off their checking list. Is it me or would the WWW be so much better if everyone was forced to use the most up to date version of the browser. I understand there could be implications for a lot of businesses who are still on IE5, however they have to move sometime, so come on get with the program.

**ducks** as the IE7 negative thoughts start being thrown around.

Comment

Working...
                      X