Minimum order ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum order ???

i have set the shopping cart to a minimum order of £25. only if the shopping cart displays the shipping cost this is also included into the £25.

My question: is there a way to have the minimum value to be set as the product qty inc tax only, i do not want to make the shipping carges to be included.

Could do with a solution for this. The shipping charge is not displayed in the basket until the customer is into the check out phase (although we use a flat rate and this, along with our minimum product order value is displayed on every page), but actinic includes the shipping charge in its calculation of the total minimum order value allowable.

We have "set" the minimum order value to what it should be in product value only - surely the shipping charge should not be included in this, as the customer should have at least this value in their basket before they even attempt to check out.

I've tried to cure this by setting the minimum order value to the total of minumum product + shipping total, but this is even worse!

I've also changed the text in the error message customers see if they try to check out under the minimum (and obviously only customers who are ridiculously under the minimum will ever see this), but unless I extend the bounce page time this information is difficult to absorb before the page forwards - as it's a universal setting, even increasing this by an extra couple of seconds has a detrimental affect across the rest of the site's bounce functions.

It would be handy to have pages like this with a confirm button before forwarding so you know the customer has read it.

So despite having our minimum product order value on every shop page, in our T&C's, FAQs and the "error" bounce page message, we are still regularly getting orders coming through including shipping that are under the minimum!

It's been an on-going problem and is most frustrating as it's one of the reasons we upgraded our actinic installation - and it to find it doesn't work in what I would expect to be a common sense fashion makes the blood boil

Comment

but unless I extend the bounce page time this information is difficult to absorb before the page forwards - as it's a universal setting, even increasing this by an extra couple of seconds has a detrimental affect across the rest of the site's bounce functions.

It would be handy to have pages like this with a confirm button before forwarding so you know the customer has read it.
      If you set the bounce to 0 then it customers will have to press the continue shopping to continue so they will have time to read your message

Comment

So lets say your minimum shipping charge is £8.00 and your limit is £25.00 and you raise your minimum order value to £33.00 so that the product value has to be £25.00 + £8.00 shipping and you manually change the pop up value to £25.00 from £33.00.
        The first time a user goes to checkout they will have to enter a product cart value of £33.00 and not £25.00 as the shipping charge is not added yet.

has anyone else come up with a solution to this problem, the abouve would work ok providing they are a returning customer.

does this make sense.?

Comment

Hi Malcolm

If you set the bounce to 0 then it customers will have to press the continue shopping to continue so they will have time to read your message
          I thought the bounce page delay was a universal setting - at the moment I've got it set to 1 second which isn't enough time to fully read the message (unless you speed read!), but is long enough for other bouncy functions.

If I change this to 0, will this not change things like the shopping cart bounce page etc - when a customer adds to basket and the shopping cart shows, then auto forwards, I wouldn't want this to change so they have to click a continue shopping button (we also use 1 click ordering throughout the site).

If it's possible to change this on an individual level, can you do this?

We did change our minimum order value in settings to the total of product + shipping, but customers thought they had to spend at least that on product PLUS shipping - if they put an order through for 10p less than this "amended" total, it gave the warning they were under the minimum, when in fact they were not on product value. It got too confusing, so we changed it back.

Surely a minimum order value should be the value of the products alone - shipping is a separate "service".

Comment

I thought the bounce page delay was a universal setting
            Your right there and I dont know how to set it at page level sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X