Free gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free gift

Web site woodentoysonline.co.uk (Version7) On my site and in my mailorder catalogue I offer one free gift with any purchase of products starting with the code BJT ( these are in the train section of the site) They only get one gift per order regardless of how many BJT items they order. At the moment the only way I can see of giving the free gift is for the customer to click the 'free gift' basket button I have put at the top of the section. Orders from Actinic are then downloaded ( in batches) into my mail order programme, Mail Order Manager (MOM) Problem: Despite putting a reminder in every product description to tell the buyer to claim their free gift some do not. I then have to look at every order containing a BJT code and add the one free gift they are entitled too.
    I have downloaded instructions from the help section but it does not appear to offer a solution
    Can Actinic 'give' the one free gift without the customer having to do anything except order a BJT item? Can this then appear on their receipt.?
    If you know the solution please explain in very simple terms as I am not very clever with jargon!! regards, Peter

Hi Peter

Are you using Actinic Business? This is standard functionality.

First of all, go to 'View | Product Groups' and create a product group called 'Trains' (or something). Place all your BJT products within this product group.

Then go to 'View | Discounts and Surcharges' and change to the 'Cart Content' tab. Create a new discount with the following settings:
    • Based on: Quantity
    • Trigger: 1
    • Product Group: Trains
    • Reward Type: % off extra product
    • Reward Amount: 100%
    • Product: (whatever you offer as your free gift item)
    • Only one reward per order: selected
    You can then set up a message in the 'Presentation' tab of the discount to automatically create a special offer message that links to the free gift product.

Comment

FAO Chris Dicken

Hi Chris

I've followed the instructions you've given but, under Rewards - 'Product' is greyed out with the only option being Product Group and then a drop down for the choices.

Where have I gone wrong ?

Also - can a product be allocated to one Group? You see we have a majority of our range in a section entitled 'All' where a 10% discount is applied if £50 is spent. However one section of products is in a seperate Group as there's a Buy 2 get a Third One Free offer for them. However the 10% discount isn't coming off these products if £50 or more is spent. The 'Only Apply one Discount Online for this Group' check box is unchecked.

Comment

Hi Hayley

I've followed the instructions you've given but, under Rewards - 'Product' is greyed out with the only option being Product Group and then a drop down for the choices.
        Please check in "View | Product Group" and see if there is any product in "Unassigned Products". You may find that there is none, if so, then that the reason for the "Product" being greyed out.

Also - can a product be allocated to one Group?
        Yes, again go into "View | Product Group", click on "New", enter the Group name as the product name, then assign that product to the group.

One thing to add is that from your latter posting, regarding the 10% discount not coming off, check the order of discounting in "View | Discount and Surcharge Settings", put the highest on the top, then work it way to the lowest.

Hope that make sense

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X