Occasional Protx payment problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occasional Protx payment problems

Four different customers have recently had problems at the payment stage. I have some info on what happened in 2 of the cases:

In one case a customer placed an order and was taken to the Protx payment page where he entered his debit card details. He says there is nothing wrong with the card and he uses it all the time, but for some reason Protx rejected it.

He then entered details of a credit card which were accepted but then he got a "Page could not be found". He used the browser back button and got the usual message to hit the Retry button.

At this point he assumed that the order hadn't gone through and gave up. However he then received an email from Protx saying that the transaction had been processed, but he didn't get one from Actinic. The order details were in the Actinic pending section.

In the other case the customer said he saw a message like "trying to contact the vendor" and then his screen locked up. In fact we had received the money and the order was in the pending section.

This sort of thing started happening a few weeks ago - prior to that there were no problems. We recently upgraded to 7.0.6 but I'm pretty sure we had at least one occurrence before the upgrade.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!

I get this a lot! Many of my Protx paying customers get some sort of error page after they've completed payment which then leads them to either try paying again (which Protx rejects because they're using a previously used cart ID) or they think it hasn't gone through so call me up.
    It doesn't genreate an Actinic receipt because they've never reached the merchant receipt page having been sent to an error page, IYSWIM
    I wish I knew what caused it tbh.
    There's been some considerable discussionabout it on the forums and I believe there has been some mention of it being browser/security related but I really don't know.
    It's a pain though. Generally, if I haven't received a copy of the cusotmers email, it means they haven't either so I generate and send one through Actinic so they know the order has gone through.
    I do get a considerable number of customer querying this error message they're getting though as they think their orders/payments haven't gone through.
    No advice, just a fellow sufferer speaking up! (and I'm still on 7.0.5)
    Tracey

Comment

I seem to be getting this more often (have recently moved to V8 which has made no difference). Orders remaining in the pending section despite sucessful payment. I now have to go through any pending payment double check there is no sucessful payment listed in the Protx pages. It is both frustrating and time consuming!

Comment

Working...
      X