500 Internal Server Error in checkout phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 Internal Server Error in checkout phase

Hi - I host 2 sites with the ISP VI.NET (now part of Activ24). They recently moved these sites to a new physical server.

I have a problem on both sites. Both have payment types of using a credit card via a PSP or sending the credit card details seperately.

When using the PSP method there is a period of over a minute before being bounced to the PSP.

When using the "Send credit card details seperately" method there is a period of over a minute before being bounced to the receipt page.

On some occassions I get the error message
    500 Internal Server Error
    This indicates that a part of the server (for example a CGI program) has crashed, or encountered a configuration error. If the code was received when running a CGI, contact the author of the CGI.
    Does anybody know why this is haapening and what I should be saying to the ISP as all of the CGI scripts work fine until this point?
    Regards
    David

Hi - I host 2 sites with the ISP VI.NET (now part of Activ24). They recently moved these sites to a new physical server.
    If they moved the sites for you, I would advise you do a full refresh as this will fully re-sync the sites

Comment

Hi Jo - I have done that and both sites are now functioning correctly. What is a concern is that the sites were moved about 3 weeks ago and the problem has probably existed since then.

Again, thanks for your advice.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Yep this is worth talking about as we have moved sites in the past which have moved fine, the client would be forced into a refresh the next time they did an upload.But it would run fine until that point.

However we moved a client site a few weeks ago with the same result (well similar) the site froze on the os script.

Thus can anyone at Actinic comment on why this may now be the case

Comment

Working...
        X