Changing Actinic CGI Links to Direct URL Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Actinic CGI Links to Direct URL Links

We have been told that the Actinic cgi links going down the left hand side of our sites homepage @ www.paragon-matrix.com such as http://www.paragon-matrix.com/cgi-bi...html&NOLOGIN=1 are not search engine friendly and that we should change them to direct links like http://www.paragon-matrix.com/acatal...artridges.html We are trying to find out how to modify our home page with these direct links WITHOUT loosing the automatic link generation features of actinic. Can anyone help us with some advice or point us in the right direction!

Best regards

Phil G

if you want the link generation to be automatic you have to stick with the cgi-generated links

Comment

I noticed this on your other post about SEO. It looks like your template is based on one which uses the yahoo section tree which generates the section links. You will need to change this to "toplevelsection" which will generate SE friendly links. Be aware though that this only works in certain templates.

Comment

Looking at your site I dont really see a problem with the nav links. Your have a direct link to a site map which will solve the cgi link problem. If you do a search on the forum you will find that the whole subject was discussed in great depth earlier this year. You need content on your site, I would concentrate on that.

Comment

Jo - Many thanks for your input!

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

Many thanks for looking at our site.

Your coments are bang on the mark on content which is why we are now going to add more relevant content to the site. On the links issue is there any technical information as a giude to do this change to a "toplevelsection" which will generate SE friendly links?

Best regards

Phil G

Comment

technical information as a giude to do this change
              You need to edit the templates act_primary and act_brochureprimary which I assume you will be able to do if you have designed the site. Make copies of them first and remove the yahoo section tree code - it may not work depending on which template the design is based on.

I personally would be tempted to leave things as they are and only worry about it if you are having problems being indexed. Read the thread from jan 05 all about the pros and cons before you start work and waste your time and effort

Comment

if you have a link to the sitemap you really don't need to worry about having cgi generated links as spiders will be able to follow thesitemap rather than left nav links

Comment

Working...
                X