Actinic Keyword Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Keyword Placement

Does anyone know the technique/ code procedure to add keywords or keyword phrases to the very top left of your web site pages using some code such as <div id="headerbar"><h1>Key words, Keyword phrases, Keywords etc</h1> code?? It seems that this procedure allows you to put h1 keywords on to your page without producing large text. - Can anyone help us with some advice or point us in the right direction!

Best regards

Phil G

<div id="headerbar"><h1>Key words, Keyword phrases, Keywords etc</h1> code?? It seems that this procedure allows you to put h1 keywords on to your page without producing large text
    It may well do but google may not like it

Comment

Phil

I have also read an article on not doing this as Google are aware of it and you can be penalised. You may get a short term fix until your site either gets reported to Google or they pick up on it themselves.

For the record <h1> text does not need to large, you can use CSS to control the size of the text and indeed any text at all on your page.

CSS code to control the size of the h1 would be:

h1 {
      font-size: 16px;
      }

or you can have percentage sizing if you wish, i.e.

h1 {
      font-size: 120%;
      }

Comment

Lee and Malcolm thanks for the info on Google and possible penalisation of this method which we all want to avoid. I think the CSS route looks best and thanks for the code suggestion.

Phil G.

Comment

Unfortunately google also knows about using css to hide H1 tags - sorry

Comment

Good job i posted about sizing them and not hiding them then!

Comment

Google considers resizing H1 tags out of context with other tags as hiding them. H tags need to be sized in relation to other H tags - mainly H2 within Actinic as it is used for the product title. So if your H1 tag is smaller than your H2 you could run into problems.

Google is well aware of all the old tricks to get sites ranking

Comment

It is also wise to mention that Google does not like seeing a H1 tag followed by a H3 tag as normal progression should be H1 H2 H3 etc.

Comment

Malcolm and Lee - Thanks for your input on H1 - H2 tags etc. This is good to know. I will make sure sizes confirm to Goggles recommendations

Phil G

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    h1 {
                    }

h1 {
                    }
                    Phil - as you are using a named <div> the above code would be:

#headerbar h1 {
                    }

#headerbar h1 {
                    }

... to prevent every instance of h1 being re-sized

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X