Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New homepage design - where is the space coming from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New homepage design - where is the space coming from?

I've just been redesigning my homepage but there is a big ol' chunk o' space between the search box and the word OR.

the main template looks like this -
    Code:
    NETQUOTEVAR:BULK<span class="actxlarge"><b>OR</B></span>
    ...so there is no space in the main template. But likewise the act_searchtemplate isn't hiding anything either (I checked using debug code - it's definately in the BULK part, but not in the search template).

It's like the BULK componant includes something more than just the search template - so where should I be looking?

see the space here --> www.crazydaves.co.uk
    John

The bulk component contains the sections, pages, products and fragments that comprise the BULK of your store.

The search box is called - SIMPLESEARCH.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

the act_SIMPLESEARCH template is for the 'quick search' in the top left. The main search where the problem is found is act_searchtemplate.html

I realise that the BULK variable is replaced with other templates depending on the context - but what is it being replaced with here?

At first glance it seems to be just the act_searchtemplate, but there is something else as well.

I've just found in the source code that the following code is appearing between the end of the searchtemplate code and the 'OR' text...
      Code:
      </FORM><FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.crazydaves.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl">
      <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="trlshop27194">  <A NAME="sectiontop">            </A> 
      <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SID" VALUE="0">
      <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGE" VALUE="PRODUCT">

<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGEFILENAME" VALUE="index.html">  

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" COLS="3" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="1" CELLSPACING="0" ALIGN="CENTER"> <Actinic:SECTION BLOB="A0000.cat"/> </TABLE>
      <BR /><BR />   <BR />  <A NAME="sectionbottom"><DIV ALIGN="RIGHT"> </DIV>  <DIV ALIGN="CENTER"> </DIV></A>  <P><A NAME="infolines"> </A></P>
      ...so where is that coming from...?
      John

Comment

</FORM><FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.crazydaves.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl">
        <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="trlshop27194"> <A NAME="sectiontop"> </A>
        <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SID" VALUE="0">
        <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGE" VALUE="PRODUCT">

<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PAGEFILENAME" VALUE="index.html">
        I think this bit is from Act_CatalogBody.html. It's code used to protect the 'search' form from the main Actinic 'cart' form'.
        <TABLE WIDTH="100%" COLS="3" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="1" CELLSPACING="0" ALIGN="CENTER"> <Actinic:SECTION BLOB="A0000.cat"/> </TABLE>
        <BR /><BR /> <BR /> <A NAME="sectionbottom"><DIV ALIGN="RIGHT"> </DIV> <DIV ALIGN="CENTER"> </DIV></A>
        This is from Act_ProductBody.html. It's the code that replaces NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBODY in Act_CatalogBody.html.

Comment

Working...
        X