User defined field size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User defined field size

I want to use the user defined field as a place where customers can add in a message if the purchase is a gift for someone. In the Act_Order01.html I've changed:

<input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" size="75" maxlength="500" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED">

to:

<textarea NAME="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" ROWS="4" COLS="40" MAXLENGTH="500" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED" style="font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"></textarea>

I think I've fixed all the problems I've had with this apart from two things:

- although the text box will take more, when you try to submit the form there is a character limit of 255 characters which I would like to increase to 500. I know MAXLENGTH isn't a valid attribute for TEXTAREA but thought it was worth a try as I couldn't see how else to change it Obviously it hasn't worked, does anyone have any ideas how I could do it?

- I've had to remove this text from the receipt page as it doesn't wrap there and so when you type a paragraph it pushes the receipt much wider than the width of a page. Is there a way to make this wrap without too much trouble? If not then its not massively important as its alright on the invoice and its also confirmed in the order confirmation email.

Thanks

Well done on having gotten so far with this - although I admit I am stuck on how to stop Actinic from complaining about the field length. The problem is something to do with how the User Defined info is stored in the customer cookie.

One suggestion though - if you are not using the 'Shipping User Definable' field (that usually says 'enter special delivery instructions') you might be able to recycle this field to show the information you want as you won't have the layout or length issues.

Comment

Working...
    X