Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do my logged in buyers have duplicated framesets when they follow section links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do my logged in buyers have duplicated framesets when they follow section links?

This is a problem that is fixed in the latest version of the software, which can be downloaded from http://www.actinicdownloads.com/.

Does this mean never than 6.1.2 ? I though that was the latest business version...
    Because I'm using 6.1.2 and when I click on the Section links on the cart page it makes double framesets (for logged in clients only)... Also for logged in clients, when the ordering process is complete, they are returned to one of the sub-sections (always the first in the list, lowest subsection), I don't think that's right. They also lose the frameset completely with this (propably because the ordering form doesn't have frames). Well, this could ofcource be fixed by setting the redirect manually to somewhere else, but it would go to the same page when nothing is found in the search or the shopping cart is empty and they click on the checkout button. Does anyone have another solution to this? The first problem is more critical than this though, maybe it could be possible just to remove the links from the cart, I haven't looked into that yet...

Hmm, appears I was wrong, it doesn't return them to the same page always, but only loses the framset...

Comment

Hi Risto

What is your URL? Do you have test login details I could use to see the fault?

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Well, you can try if you manage to navigate, the site's in Finnish. The address is http://www.proairsoft.com/acatalog (the front page isn't done yet, quess getting it ready today won't work out...).
        Anyway, go to "Jäsenet" (the bottom button on the navbar) and log in as test, password ofcource test.

Comment

I can see what you mean.

What have you entered in Design Options | Misc | 'URL for Completed and Aborted Checkout'? Have you created a customvar for your custom frame as in the instructions:

"There is an extra field in Actinic to help your store work within a custom frameset (i.e. one that you have created, that the Actinic store is running within).
          If you go to Advanced | Custom Properties and create a new custom property called 'ACT_SETUP_FRAMES_OFF', then this will cause the No Frames in Checkout facility to completely remove all frames when the customer enters the checkout in the online Actinic store."
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

I don't know very much about the frames on the site, because I'm not the one who made them, I'd quess the problem is with them... I quess I'll have to read the instructions and check they were built right. About the "Url fot completed and aborted checkout"... by it's name I would quess it would be the page for both when the order is complete or when it is aborted, but I get there only by pressing cancel during ordering... on completed order it throws me to the bounce page with the (default, I've edited it ofcource) "Your shopping cart is empty. Return to the catalog and add an item before continuing." If this was supposed to happen, it would be a pretty weird default message, so I quess something's wrong with this, too. As for the framesets doubling, I was told it really _is_ fixed in the beta version, haven't tried that yet, though.

Comment

This site works fine for me. Win 98 IE6
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

garyhay,

are you sure you testes it logged in? There are no problems for non-logged in customers, only for logged in ones (and that's hopefully going to be most of our customers).

Comment

Working...
                X