amending os00001.pl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amending os00001.pl

A client of mine has signed up to an affiliate scheme that has required a one line amendment to the os00001.pl file.

I've replaced the old file in the Site 1 directory with this new file however when I upload to the server, it seems to be continuing to upload the old file.

Even when I've deleted the old file on the server, the catalog continues to send the old file - does anyone know how this might be happening?

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

I think you will find that the os00000.pl file is generated at preview/upload time from other files/scripts within the site1 folder, so any changes you make within the 'resultant.pl' file always get overwritten.

You will need to investigate which file/script/template builds the portion you want the extra code inserted into and add it into that file as opposed to the resultant.pl file.

All the best...

Comment

Yes, as it was pointed out correctly above the original file should be edited. Try to apply your changes on Orderscript.pl rather than os000001.pl.

Regards,
      Zoltan
      Actinic Software
      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

It's amazing what you learn on this forum -

Many thanks guys for your help on this - I've now checked the generated os000001.pl script online and it contains the correct code that I need

Thanks again

Cheers

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Working...
        X