Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can not refresh or update site - pls help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not refresh or update site - pls help!

iI have recently tried to update my site but kept on getting the error message: actinic can not update due to a merge problem - refresh the site!
    iI then tried to refresh the site but recieved the following message:

an error occured while merging files on the remote site. The web site index has been corrupted. Catalouge is unable to update the index. Copy ../acatalog/fulltext.fil to ../acatalog/oldtext.fil failed. No such directory. Please refresh the site.

I then tried to purge and refresh the site and got hte same error message.

a college posted this information on this forum and was advised to delete the actinic folder from hte ftp location and to delete the files from the cgi bin.

I deleted the actinic folder and deleted all the files from the cgi bin and tried to refresh the site but recieved the same error message. I have now noticed that the purge and refresh button in the troubleshooting section is now grey and can not be activated.

a suggestion was made to clear the server via FTP what exactly does this mean? Please advise!

You can connect to the site using any FTP program - you can even use internet explorer to connect simply enter ftp://www.site.com where you will be asked for your username and password .... you can navigate to the acatalog and cgi-bin subfolders ... save to a safe place any files that end in .ORD (these are orders) and delete everything.

In Actinic it is often best to change the script ID to a new number and then upload the whole site again.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

delete the .cat and .fil files from both site1 and the webserver, then refresh

All cats and fils are generated by the SW so there's no harm in deleting them

Comment

Working...
      X