Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registered Customer Price shown to Retail Customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registered Customer Price shown to Retail Customers?

Hi
    Is it possible to show the price of a product to both Retail and Registered Customers. ?

I have a message saying 'This product is only available for registered customers .. '
    Ideally we would like to show this message with the price? Is this possible?

Many thanks
    B
    www.outbackdirect.co.uk
    www.sipuk.co.uk
    www.ryobidirect.co.uk

Hi

I have this partially figured out, but just running it past the development team for their opinion as well.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

message only seen when customer clicks to buy?

Hi
      Is it possible to do a further change?

We want to display just the price as normal, and the message
      should only be seen once customers have clicked to buy.

It's a tricky one I think
      Can you help?

B
      www.outbackdirect.co.uk
      www.sipuk.co.uk
      www.ryobidirect.co.uk

Comment

Hi Bea

That should be easy to achieve. I tried this on my default site, restricting it to registered customers, but with price and other product details visible to all.

1. If you have disabled the Retail prices for the products, you will need to re-enable them to make the prices visible.

2. In View | Business Settings | Ordering, uncheck the option, Request login on Shop Entry. By doing so, you are allowing retail customers to enter the shop without logging in, but not allowing them to purchase either by having the option "Allow orders from Unregistered Customers" unticked as well.

3. Now when a retail customer clicks the Add to Cart button, he/she will be taken to a bounce page with the message that the Catalog is reserved for registered customers only, please contact the merchant to proceed, etc.
        If you wish to alter this message, you can do so in Design | Text, ID 207.

4. On this bounce page, there is a link which when clicked will take customers to the Contact Us page. If left unclicked, the bounce page will take them back to the last viewed product page.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Selected products for login customers, with price shown to retail customers

Hi Krithika

Thanks for your help, but it's not quite what we are aiming at.

We do not want to restrict the whole shop to login customers only.

On a few of our products, we want to be able to show the price to all customers, but only allow ordering if logged in. Plus the message only seen when the buy button is clicked.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
          B
          www.outbackdirect.co.uk
          www.sipuk.co.uk
          www.ryobidirect.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Have asked the dev team to see if this can be done. Will update you when I receive their reply.
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Hi there

Krithika is not in the office today, but she asked me to mention that the developers can come up with no way to achieve what you want here. I'm afraid it is a wish list item - which Krithika has added on your behalf.

Comment

Working...
              X