Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupt shipping table?

I have started receiving an error on upload, which states the following:

You have elected to only accept orders from locations specified in Shipping, Payment and Tax zones.

After cross-checking the locations in all zones, some regions have been found that are not a member of the Shipping, Payment and Tax zones.

In order to prevent presenting the buyer with the option of electing an invalid location on the web-site, any locations that have been specified in other zones but not the Shipping, Payment and Tax zones should either be removed or they should be added to the appropriate Shipping, Payment and Tax zone(s).

Alternatively, you can remove the requirement for only allowing orders from locations in the Shipping, Payment and Tax zone(s).

A full list of the invalid locations is given below or you can view them in Notepad by clicking 'View':You have elected to only accept orders from locations specified in Shipping, Payment and Tax zones.

After cross-checking the locations in all zones, some regions have been found that are not a member of the Shipping, Payment and Tax zones.

In order to prevent presenting the buyer with the option of electing an invalid location on the web-site, any locations that have been specified in other zones but not the Shipping, Payment and Tax zones should either be removed or they should be added to the appropriate Shipping, Payment and Tax zone(s).

Alternatively, you can remove the requirement for only allowing orders from locations in the Shipping, Payment and Tax zone(s).

A full list of the invalid locations is given below or you can view them in Notepad by clicking 'View':You have elected to only accept orders from locations specified in Shipping, Payment and Tax zones.

A full list of the invalid locations is given below or you can view them in Notepad by clicking 'View':

It then goes on to list all the counties I ship to.

I have cross checked the list and they are all listed in both a shipping zone and a tax zone with none missing.

As I have not altered any of these zones for a while, I suspect a corrupt file.

If a file is corrupt, which file is a likely candidate and how do I do about fixing the problem.

The only way I could upload was to uncheck the 'Limited by location' box.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Thanks to all that looked at this post, though no one had an answer.

I have managed to fix this problem, sort of, by unchecking the 'limited by location' box on each payment method in turn and uploading. Then reversing the procedure. It fixed all but one and that is open to all areas that I have specified in the tax tab.

Question?

With the 'limited by location' box unchecked will the payment method be limited to just those specified in the tax tab, or will it be open to all countries and areas listed in Catalog.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Comment

Hello

I tried the following and it worked. I limited the payment method Credit Card to United Kingdom alone. In Tax (set to Tax by Delivery Address), I removed certain countries from the EU zone. Shipping remained untouched.

After updating the site, on the Select Shipping Destination page, I get two drop-downs. the first one contains United Kingdom and None of the Above and the second one lists all countries enabled in Shipping.

If in the first drop-down I select None of the above, and in the second, I choose a country which I excluded from the EU zone in Tax, I am not presented the Credit Card payment option. So in effect, it imposed the location restriction. Would this solve your purpose?

Let me know if this helped at all.
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

That is how my site is now set up and it seems to work OK. It is just one payment option that I cannot set to limited by location, thankfully it is the one that I currently accept in all the countries that are in my shipping and tax tab. Just wanted to have the option of limiting it by location if I need it in the future.

If tax by invoice address is set and I only send to the same country as the invoice address, I don't need a shipping location drop down in the checkout. So can this be bypassed or am I stuck with asking the customer to answer a superfluos question?
        Mick Jackson
        Jackson's Fishing Tackle
        www.jackfish.net

Comment

Hi Mick

Let me check the possibilities on this and I will get back to you.
          Krithika Chandrasekar
          SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Hi Mick

The Invoice Address is required by either Tax By Invoice or Payment by . Location. If the latter has been enabled for any payment method then the 2 drop-downs will appear and are necessary.
            The Shipping drop-down is always required to determine the shipping location based Delivery address, so this too cannot be avoided.

Hope this helps.
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for looking into this, not a problem as it is, just thought I could make the checkout procedure a bit easier for the customer.
              Mick Jackson
              Jackson's Fishing Tackle
              www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
              X