Account Logins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Logins

Can anyone advise why when adding an account Actinic Recognises if the same username and password are entered for 2 accounts even if they are upper or lower case, however, when you come to enter login details online you have to enter the username and password in the same format as you entered them on the account i.e. if you entered them as CAPITALS on the account you have to enter them as CAPITALS on the website?

The reason I ask is that we would like to create 4 variations of an account using the same login details (upper and lower case) so that all variations are covered in order that it wouldn't matter whether the customer forgets to enter them as upper case or lower case they would still be able to gain access?

I have tried creating the accounts as different names but Actinic will not let me use the same login details for 2 accounts regardless of whether or not they are in a different case? Seems a bit odd?

Cheers

Boz

What you are up against is that the login data has to be safe for web use. Some browsers are case-sensitive, others are not, and you don't know which your customer will choose to use today. Actinic protects you from this uncertainty by forcing you to use unique data.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X