Stock Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Monitoring

I had a customer order for 5 units of the same product. however, I only had 2 stock in hand and now that item shows a -3 stock in hand.

how can I stop this from happening?
    still thinking of one...

Do you have stock monitoring enabled for the site and that product, plus enabled disable the product if it reaches 0 stock.

Dont forget though, if you have 2 in stock, then someone can visit and buy 2 and then come back again and buy another 2 and so on, until such time as you download the orders and update the site again, which then updates the online stock levels.

Comment

You can also set the maximum quantity orderable to the number you have in stock. The only way to take the purchased items out of stock though is to download the order and upload the catalog though, so you need to do this frequently.

We have a product that helps to automate these processes, you can find more details and a free trial at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...r-Actinic.html

Note you can buy the full product or just the stock control mole part (this is cheaper) depending on your requirements.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
        Do you have stock monitoring enabled for the site and that product, plus enabled disable the product if it reaches 0 stock.
        I have the stock monitoring enabled. and I also have the 'suspend orders if below' set to 1.

is this what you mean?
        still thinking of one...

Comment

Is it possible to automatically keep track of stock when the product has three or four different "Attributes"?

For example If I am selling a T-shirt, Rather then tracking the stock for the product itself, I need to be able to keep track of the stock of each size, Small, Medium, Large. Is this possible or do I need to make each size a different product.

Any help much appreciated - Sorry of this has been covered before.
          www.pride.ie

Comment

Shane

You need to create a separate product for each size of product and assign a stock level to each product. You can then click 'Hide on Web Site' to prevent these products from appearing in the store pages.

What you then do is create a master product called 'T-Shirt' or whatever. Then create a component within that product called 'Selection'. Then create the attributes and choices for Size within the 'Selection' component.

Then go to the 'Permutations' tab of the 'Selection' component and click 'Fill List'. This will list all the choices you have created. You can then use the 'Associated Product' field to associate each hidden product with a choice.

Comment

ok, so I'm pretty sure I have all my settings correct. however, I can still order a larger quanity of any item than the stock level is set at.
              still thinking of one...

Comment

Yep - Actinic's stock monitoring is handled on the desktop rather than at the webserver. The stock levels don't change until you retrieve the orders for the items.

You will be able to order any number of the product up until you retrieve the order to the desktop, which puts the product below the 'suspend if below' threshhold, and then upload to mark the choice as being out of stock on the site.

In the case of attributes and choices, the customer will not get an 'out of stock' message until they try adding the item to the shopping cart.

Comment

Thanks for your help Chris. I'm looking at the trail version of v8.0.3 and i've created a seperate product for each size, it seems to work quite well :

http://http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial33407/Armagh_Football.html#a30
                  www.pride.ie

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    You will be able to order any number of the product up until you retrieve the order to the desktop, which puts the product below the 'suspend if below' threshhold, and then upload to mark the choice as being out of stock on the site.
                    That's not the problem. the problem is that even though I only have one in stock, a customer can order more than qty 1 during the same order.
                    still thinking of one...

Comment

Hi Paul

I'm afraid it is still like Chris D had mentioned, even though you have 1 in stock, lots of people can still purchase it, as Actinic does not use an online database. The stock level will not change until you download the order and update the site.

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

I think that their might be a bug where the maximum qty orderable is not taken from an associated product, the one on the main product is used instead, have you set the maximum qty orderable up on your associated products?

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

no I haven't - but then, I really don't want to. as you mentioned, there must be a bug which allows the order qty to equal > stock qty.

do any of the later versions of actinic deal with this problem?
                          still thinking of one...

Comment

The bug only exists if you are trying to check the max quantity of an associated product. If you set up the maximum quantity orderable on a product, it works just fine. It sounds as if you haven't set the maximum quantity orderable up (a standard - partial - workaround for the problem you are having is to set the maximum quantity orderable for a product to the number currently in stock, partial because this only limits the number of an item that can be ordered within a single order - so two people can order the same item, therefore putting it below the stock levels).

This is how stock control works in Actinic, in all of the current versions.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Jan

This is how stock control works in Actinic, in all of the current versions.
                              You mean thats how stock control doesn't work in any Actinic program! It's completely pants and a total waste of time trying to get Actinic to do anything about it, they know it and just don't care. You cannot control stock if you have choices, we are all aware of that.
                              There's no extra profit in fixing it, the money's in selling V8, where apparently it still doesn't work!

Comment

Working...
                              X