Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Text Under the menus

Hi,
    I'm using Actinic V6 Clean Layout 10. How would I go about just putting simple html text under the last link on the left side of the menu? I'm assuming it is one of the templates. Here's the webpage upupandaway-flowers.ca/acatalog/index.html. Simply I want this menu on the left to look like the homepage upupandaway-flowers.ca (WITHOUT THE BUTTONS}

Regards,
    Randy
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Randy

The catalogue pages use Act_Primary.html while the Homepage uses Act_BrochurePrimary.html. If you go to Design | Options | Layouts, you will find the relevant template against Overall Page Layout.

You can add the text just after NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP for e.g. If you are using a template editor like Dreamweaver, it will be easier for you to find the area to be edited.

Hope this helps.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Add Text Under Link Menu

Hi Krithika,

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I don't want to put text under the links across top. That does work! Thanks. I want to put text under the text links down the LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE. I want to insert it under "online shopping resources". Here is the page upupandaway-flowers.ca/acatalog/index.html. Yes, I do want the text inserted on every page.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
      Randy

Comment

Hello Randy

NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP refers to the section links on the Left hand sidebar. If you wish to insert text beneath Online Shopping Resources, then this is the variable we need.

To illustrate my point, please see the attached screenshot, which shows where I have inserted the text in the template and where the text is displayed as a result.

Let me know how you get on.
        Attached Files
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Adding Text Under Menu

Hi Krithika,
          SUPER!!

Thanks very much, everything went great! I made an error putting it in the first time is why it didn't work. MY FAULT!!

The one thing I'd like to do is put a dummy cell in to push the links down so the text comes before the links. Can this be done without a lot of work. I'm using V6 clean layout 10. How is this done!

This is one of the last major things I'd like to accomplish with this site.

Thanks a million.

Randy

Comment

Hi Randy

Sorry, I am a bit confused about this. Do you wish to display the text above the links ? If yes, you can simply type it in before the NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP and insert couple of line breaks after the text. Let me know if I am off the mark here. :-)
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Hi Krithika,
              Sorry to confuse you, what you helped me with is fine.

This is a new issue.

I want to push the links down on the left hand side so the engines read the body of text first and the links second.

Regards,
              Randy

Comment

Hi

I still think inserting the text within a <td></td>, or creating a mini-table above the NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP will serve the purpose. If this does not sound right, could you send me a vague screenshot of what you wish to achieve?
                Krithika Chandrasekar
                SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X