Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Truncated

Hi
    A few weeks ago I posted on the forum regarding the Data Truncated box that suddenly started appearing when I started up Actinic.
    I took the advice received on the board but couldn't manage to fix the problem myself so I raised a support query as was also suggested on the forum. Thank you all who tried to help!
    I sent a snapshot of my site to the support people at Actinic on 2nd October and despite emailing the support person who received my snapshot and raising another query I've heard nothing back and it's been 16 days now.
    I cannot update my site www.toys-to-you.co.uk because of this Data Truncated box and as you can see I sell toys and this is my busiest time of the year. I need to make imperative changes to my site and I can't do this and I can't get anyone from Actinic Support to respond to my emails to just give me an update on how they're getting on fixing my problem. So I have no idea of even when I might be able to begin updating my site changes.
    Does anybody know what's the best path to follow from here?
    Julie
    www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Julie,

You are not alone. I raised support ticket 87548 coincidentally on the same day. Uploaded snapshot, e-mailed 3 times and still not heard anything. I believe they are very very busy with v8 just coming out but a quick e-mail just to say that with a rough idea on when they can sort it would be helpful!

David
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Have you tried running my spell checker program, in some cases it can find and correct data truncated errors - it depends on what is too long. You can download a free trial here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...lth_Check.html

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Yeah Jan I tried to run it a couple of weeks ago and it wouldn't work so i gave up. It doesn't help that I don't really know what I'm doing!!
        I know they're busy David but you're right just a wee email to let us know what's going on. I wouldn't let my customers sit there without letting them know what was happening with their order, it's called good customer service!!
        julie
        www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Comment

In what way wouldn't it work - if it couldn't access the database then you may need to compact and repair your database.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Julie,

Can you let me know the reference number of your query so I can look into what is happening with it for you.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey - Mines is 87548.

Julie - Sorry for hijacking your thread!

David
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Hi David,

Sorry, should have said that I'd already asked someone to look into your issue. You should get an email requesting your snapshot again as we can't find it and I'm afraid the person who was originally dealing with your query has now left the company. I'm sorry that you are experiencing some problems with support but as you can imagine v8 is generating a lot of calls/emails to us at the moment and it is taking longer to deal with each query.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey,

E-Mail received, thanks for chasing it up!

David
                  Cheers

David
                  Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Hi Tracey
                    My original query number is 87368 and I then raised another query when I'd heard nothing for a couple of weeks, that number is 88632.
                    I'd really appreciate it if you looked into it for me.
                    Thanks
                    Julie
                    www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Comment

just bumping this up so Tracy sees it in the morning.
                      julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

Looking at ticket 87368, an email was sent to you on 2nd Oct requesting a snapshot - did you received the email/send a snapshot across?
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey
                          I sent a snapshot across on 2nd October to Kiran Chandra (who sent me the email requesting it) and I've heard nothing since.
                          It came from my personal email address rather than my business address.
                          Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

It looks like we didn't get that snapshot - can you tell me how big it is? If it is less than 10MB can you email it to me and I will pass it onto him (my address is tgsupport[@]actinic.co.uk).
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

hi Tracey
                              I've sent a snapshot to you now, it's only 2.3mb so I've emailed it. Please let me know if you received it ok.
                              Thanks for helping me sort this out.
                              Julie
                              www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X