Capturing Card Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing Card Info.

We've got a bit of a problem with some of the card information that's being captured.

We've got various options in the Drop Down Choices enabling customers to pay online by card, Paypal,by phone, post or to call and collect. Whichever option they choose affects which card information is retained and forwarded when we download the order.

The problem we have is that whichever option customers take the following fields still appear to be required because of them being in red and the asterisks.

Credit Card Type:* Options (Mastercard)(Visa)(Switch with Issue Number)(Switch without Issue Number)
    Credit Card Number:*
    Credit Card Issue Number:
    Credit Card Start Date:
    Credit Card Expiration Date:*
    Last three digits on Signature Strip:*

The problem it's causing is that customers who don't want to key in their card details, and have opted for that, are feeling that we're still wanting them to.

And secondly - customers paying by Switch/Maestro aren't always choosing the right option, resulting in us having to call them for their Issue No or Valid From Date which they're saying they typed in but it wasn't captured because they didn't choose the right option in the drop down box.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or have any suggestions on what happens when their customers check out.

I did wonder if it would be possible to amend the red/asterisk text to try and make it a bit clearer.

Thanks

Hi Hayley

If customers choose a PSP like Secpay or Paypal, the Credit Card fields on the payment method selection page are by-passed (not-withstanding the asterisks) and the buyers are taken to the PSP page where they can complete the payment. If they choose non credit-card methods they will be taken straight to receipt page.

However, if you wish to inform them about this before they make their choice, and prevent them from entering the card details when not needed, you can manually enter some relevant text in the corresponding template. To do this, go to Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering and click on Order Phase 02 to open Act_Order02.html. In this find the line :
    <span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PAYMENTTITLE</b> 123</span>

You can specify a line break after this and enter your custom text beneath it.

Additionally, when the normal Switch card is being selected and the customer leaves the Issue number and Start date fields empty (assuming that the default settings in Payment and Security have not been changed), then they should get an error message as follows :

"Credit Card Issue Number:" is required for Switch and must be between 0 and 255.
    "Credit Card Start Date:" is required.

Could you post a URL here so I can check what's happening?
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Oakie dokie. Thank you.

It's www.cheapdies.co.uk

Comment

Hello

I placed a test order on your site to check that the site does let me through if I choose a non-credit card option, and it did. So no problems there. Also, if I choose to pay by Switch and do not enter the Start date and/or Issue number, I get an error prompting me to fill in those details.
        To advise the customers of the regular Dos and Donts, please consider displaying some relevant message on the payment method page as suggested above.That should alert customers on how to proceed.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X