Copy a NQV to make slight change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy a NQV to make slight change?

In my catalog i have products priced per unit and per metre length.

How do I create a copy of the NQV:PRODUCTQUANTITY which I can edit so that the text reads "Length per metre" instead of "Quantity".

I would then call it NQV:PRODUCTLENGTH and substitute it in the Act_ProductLine for the products this was relevant to.

Hope this is understandable!

Ta, Joe

www.inbrass.co.uk
    http://www.inbrass.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

i dont know the exact number in the damn thing, but have you tried looking in:

design > text

this is where actinic keeps some hardcoded values not immidiately available in the templates.

Comment

I know which line in the Design/Text is needed to change the wording but I want to have BOTH available for the site - some pages will say "Quantity:", others will say "Length:".

I (think) I need to create a NQV which is almost identical to the NQV:PRODUCTQUANTITY, then edit it. I then use different templates for different products - one called ProductLine, one called ProductLineLength.

Don't know if I'm making much sense.

Joe

www.inbrass.co.uk
      http://www.inbrass.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

Comment

A quick fix may be to remove the "Quantity:" from the design text and hard code it into the template.

i.e. You would have one product template with Quantity: and another with Length: which you could alter simply by changing templates for the product?

Not tested so I would double check if the original "quantity" in design text is used elsewhere and required elsewhere.
        Just a thought
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks, this last solution works fine. I probably would have thought of it had it not been 5pm on Friday!

Joe

www.inbrass.co.uk
          www.inbrass.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

Comment

Working...
          X