Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1and1 email for actinic

Hi all,

After falling out with 1and1 I decided to knock the whole thing on the head and pushed the whole actinic / online shop scenario into the "to do later" corner of my office.

I have just realised that I never cancelled 1and1 so I have just uploaded my shop again. In fairness to 1and1 it was the easiest actinic install I have ever experienced and also the fatsest, so they have now earned the chance to keep me as a customer a bit longer.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same for their email server - aprox 4 hours for shop emails to come through and I still cannot get the mails sent to more than 1 address like I used to.

Settings are :

auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk - 1and1.co.uk does not work
    Authentication box unticked

myshop@btconnect.com, otheraddress@orange.net

The first email address recieves the mails but the second does not, I have tried with a comma and just a space but neither solve the problem. This other email address is very handy as it forwards a text message to my mobile free of charge when an order is received and also allows forwarding filters.

So my questions are:

Why the 4 hour wait for emails ?
    And how do I get both mail addresses recieving ?

Many thanks
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

I am with 1and1 and emails are passed on very quickly to me - although I'm using an addresses from my domains hosted by 1and1. Can you not perhaps do the same? As part of your package you can setup email quite easily - the email setup allows you to both collect and forward mail so you could have the mail sent on to your orange address as well as your btconnect address which would solve your problems.

Comment

Hi Mick - have you tried putting just the orange.net address in Actinic to see if the problem is with sending to two email addresses, or is specific to this email address?

PS we use 1&1 too and have never had a long wait for emails - typically 10 seconds, but we only send to one, which is a POP3 address from the domain name used for the shop.
      <div>
      <a href="http://www.aquazuro.co.uk/" target="_blank">Designer stainless steel accessories for home and business – www.Aquazuro.co.uk</a><br />
      </div>

Comment

Interesting results

Thanks for the prompt replies.

I have just removed the btconnect address and left only the orange.net address. Uploaded the changes and received a text message amost immediately ! Wow, its never worked that fast ever since using my orange email address for anything at all.

Ok, so this is great news but I have to send to both addresses because orange offer no gurantee of email service whatsover. If the text messages continue to be that fast I will be very happy indeed.

I may try Duncan's answer which would make sense as its part of the 1and1 package but I may also leave as is because I intend using Jan's mole software to patrol the shop every 15 minutes of every day.

Very weird that it sends to orange faster than bt but maybe the double mail address was forcing a 1and1 filter to kick in.

Now back to editing pictures for the shop - edit, border, watermark, thumbnail, popup, move to site 1 folder.............yawn, zzzzzzzzzz

Thanks
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X