Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing Schedules & Data logging

Hi

I'm new to Actinic and am currently trialling Catalog v6. It seems to be a superb product, but I have a couple of questions and hope you good people can enlighten me.

Firstly, is it possible to set up different pricing for the same products so, for example retail customers see one price and a wholesaler would see a different price for the same product. Is this possible in Catalog, or would I need the Business version.

Second, and this might seem a strange one. A couple of years ago I was put in a compromising position because some software I was using was collecting information about me and my customers over the web. I think they call this spyware but I might be mistaken.

Anyway, ever since this bad experience I have had a phobia about software and am forever checking whether it collects any data about me.

I have no doubt Actinic are a 100% reputuble organisation but for my own peace of mind I would like to check anyway.

So my question is do Actinic themselves collect any info about the user of the software or his/her customers over the internet connection. For example are sites using Actinic automatically added to a database within Actinic and do they collect any info about Users in the customer database.

This is a fine product and I hope no one takes offence in me asking this question, I just hope the answer is 'no'.

Hi Jeff

No offence taken - it's a good question.

Actinic Software does not automatically gather any information about customers buying from Actinic stores, nor about transactions, volumes, order amounts or similar information. However, details of you licence key and company information are gathered at the upload of the site. This is primarily a fraud protection measure to prevent the same authorisation key being used more than once.

Regarding your first issue, customer accounts and price schedules are not included in Catalog, but are both features of Actinic Business.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
    X