Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont want 'Pop up' windows for extended info

Hi,

Is there anyway of making the extended information pages load without having to pop up. I have read with interest some posts about using the act_primary template to create a new template for the extended info page which I have done with the following results/requirements.

1. It still pops up (I hate pop ups so much!)

2. Having replaced the NETQUOTEVAR:BULK with

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

all it does is shows some of the above in the page

3. Ideally I would like to put the add to cart button and variant info on the extended info page instead. I have seen Norman's code for doing this but am not sure it is exactly right for me?

4. My ideal path for a client visiting the store is

section/s > product listing > product info (inc add to cart and options) > checkout

surely this is quite normal for an online shop? I am suprised that Actinic does not simply have a way of allowing this in the options settings. Maybe I am dippy and doing it all the wrong way.

Anyway please can someone put me out of my missery

Alex

PS Is it possible to display prices on the site inc vat and also enter them inc vat? (at the moment I have to enter them exclusive)

PPS I have both UK sterling and Euros enabled is it possible to make JUST the UK sterling price bold?
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook
    Actinic Ecommerce, CMS and Video production

www.petraboase.com
    www.progrow.co.uk
    www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
    www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Has anyone got any ideas or should I refer this one to support.

It seems like a fairly common request to me.

Alex
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
    www.progrow.co.uk
    www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Hi Alex

The Additional Info popup was introduced because it was a lot easier for users than adding custom javascript and using the File/URL field on the General tab. However, without the javascript, this field can be used to link to a page in the same browser window.

However, from reading your preferred section/product layout, I think your best option is to use sub-sections as the product listings and then a product within each sub-section as the details with add-to-cart button. If you want to be able to display the price, prodref etc in the product listing then customvars can be set up within the sub-section details.

The database holds the prices excluding VAT so that the tax can be specified and added depending on the invoice location selected, so at the moment it's not possible to enter VAT inclusive prices.

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your comments.

So if I do this sub section for each product isn't this going to be a bit long winded for my client to set-up?

Does this then mean that the short description and thumbnail image need to be entered into the sub-section properties?

If thats the way it is then I supposed I will have to make it work!

I was just hoping i could disable the javascript and make the extended info target _self and then use Norman's code (or similar) to move the add to basket button and variant controls to this extended info page.

Has anyone else managed to overcome this?

Alex
        Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
        www.progrow.co.uk
        www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

I Don't Want Popups Either

Hi There

For good reason I don't want popups either. Have you found a solution to this problem?

I am looking at some code by Norman Rouxell but am not sure yet if it is the answer.

Basically I think I am looking for the same thing as yourself e.g. for each separate product a separate html page complete with full details and add to cart button.

I've already setup 2000 products and the prospect of setting up a further 2000 sub-sections is a very daunting one.

Comment

There is a guide in the knowledge base here for changing pop-up windows to standard links.

Then Norman Rouxel has a useful plug in (available for a donation) which will include the add to cart button on an extended information page. See more at http://www.drillpine.biz/.

What I don't know is whether these two tricks will work together.

Comment

Working...
            X