Browser Compatibility IE6, 7 and Netscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser Compatibility IE6, 7 and Netscape

Having spent a weekend pulling my hair-out trying to get our site www.paragon-matrix.com homepage Product section tabs to look ok for IE7 as they did not reach the green base bar, but now looking at the site on IE6 the tabs at the top of the page show a gap plus at the bottom of the home page the green background color expends across the link text (it does not do this in IE7)

I understand that this may be controlled in the css file and shown part of the following code below but don’t really understand what I have to alter?

#top_menu a:hover {color: #80BF00;}

.m_home {border:0px solid #000;padding:7px 5px 8px 5px;background-image: url(m_home.gif);}
    .m_media {border:0px solid #000;padding:7px 5px 8px 5px;background-image: url(m_media.gif);}
    .m_ink {border:0px solid #000;padding:7px 5px 8px 5px;background-image: url(m_ink.gif);}

.m_home_disabled {border:0px solid #000;padding:7px 5px 8px 5px;background-image: url(m_homeR.gif);}
    .m_media_disabled {border:0px solid #000;padding:7px 5px 8px 5px;background-image: url(m_mediaR.gif);}
    .m_ink_disabled {border:0px solid #000;padding:7px 5px 8px 5px;background-image: url(m_inkR.gif);}

Any advice or guidance much appreciated

Best regards

Phil G

Try changing the URL values so that

url(m_home.gif) looks like url('m_home.gif') ( note the quote around the image name) This usually works but am not too sure about IE7 so try it out.

Regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Yes, that works in IE7 Bruce. But it MUST be single quotes - double quotes (") do NOT work.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Many thanks - Bruce and Bill for this input

Comment

Working...
        X