X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Pricing on Rewards

Hi All,

Here's the problem.

I've created a discount product group which contains two specific items. If a customer buys either of these, I would like to offer them the opportunity to purchase 1 of 3 additional products at a fixed price of £15.

The three additional products in question are not all the same price so fixed discounts (£ or % off) aren't feasible. I've tried using the 'fixed price' option, but this only works in relation to the trigger and not the rewards.

I recognise that it's possible to select individual 'reward' products to be discounted, however. The 3 products I would like to choose are part of an existing discount group and cannot be selected.

I've also considered the option of creating a new discount group, containing the 3 products I would like to discount, but again they can't be selected because they're already part of an existing group.

HOW FRUSTRATING! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Kevin Simpson
    Simpsons of Langley Ltd.
    Manufacturers and Retailers of Professional Pet Grooming Products.
    http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk

It is going to be difficult describing this without making reference to specific products, so let's say that your two specific items are 'Brushes' and your three items you want to offer for the fixed price are 'Combs'.

I suggest you create a new product called 'Comb Special Offer' and you put this in the same section as your two brushes. You then use a component to create three choices for the comb - one for each alternative comb you want to offer for the £15 fixed price. You can then put this new 'Comb Special Offer' in it's own product group, and you can even use components and associated products to keep a handle on the stock levels of the three alternative combs.

That way, when people order one of the brushes, you can link them to the 'Comb Special Offer' product rather than linking them to the actual combs.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Comment

Working...
    X