Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Site Database in Access

Hi
    I'm trying to fix my data truncated problem and have been advised by Support to open my site database with Access.
    Unfortunately I don't seem able to do this, I'm probably doing something very simple wrong but I'm pretty clueless about this!
    When I try to open the site in access I get an error box which says "Unrecognised database format....ActinicCatalog.mdb.
    Does anybody know how I should be doing this? I think I probably need to know exactly which bit of Actinic I need to be opening.
    If anybody does know can they tell me how to do it in the most simple way possible please!
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Julie
    www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Which version of Access are you using? I understand there to be some issues with certain version.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'm going to sound really useless now but I have no idea what version of Access I'm using and I don't even know how to find it out!
      Julie
      www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Comment

Open Access and on the menu select: Help - About. You should see the version there. This should tell you the version but it won't help you open the file. It seems you probably have an oldish version which can't open the Actinic mdb.
        I would suggest contacting support again and maybe you can send them the database to check it out for you.

Comment

Thanks for your advice on Access.
          I've now discovered I'm running Access 97!!
          I'm hoping to get an upgrade tomorrow - I had no idea I was using such an old version.
          Do you know what the minimum version of Access is I can use to read my Actinic Catalog?
          Thanks again.
          Julie
          www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Comment

Access 2000 or above if I recall correctly

Comment

Working...
            X