Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change the colour of the address box on the invoice

Hi there
    I am trying to change the background colour of the address box on the invoice generated by actinic/cgi-bin/os000001.pl.

At present it is black, if I go into Design/colours for the actinic menu there is no reference to black at all.

I have attached a screenshot of the page in question.

Many thanks
    Peter
    Attached Files

Hi Peter.

Have you tried changing the colours in form emphasis and form background under Design| Colours?

I hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the colours in the form emphasis and background are set to the colours I require.

There is no reference to Black at all. BUT... if I look at the page in Opera it is ok,

Comment

Hi peter

What is your website address, I will check it on my small suite of browsers!
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Ok Darren Thanks..
          The site is at http://212.125.70.254/actinic/

The login name is Peter Berry and the pasword is password

Many Thanks
          Peter

Comment

Hmm, I certainly see the problem.

What happens if you use a default Actinic Primary template for the checkout?
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

No...I've swapped the template around and it's still black.

A techie from support (Nadeem) has also tried to help me out.
              He uploaded the site to another test server and it worked ok, I can try my site on different machines in the office and the address is still black.

Peter

Comment

Hello Peter

I have just checked your site and see that the colours are still wrong.

I also work in tech support and have been speaking to Nadeem about this and have discovered that when your site was uploaded to our test server, the colours were correct.

Is this a trading site?

If not, you could try deleting the entire contents of the acatalog folder, (not the folder itslef though) and then trying a web refresh.
                Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hi Darren
                  Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delaying getting back as I have been out of the office for a couple of days.
                  Well, I have created a new folder as you suggested and did a web refresh BUT the problem is still there, the invoice box is still Black and the Welcome message is in a Blue box.

Yet in Opera it still looks fine.

The site is almost ready to go live, but I do need to sort this out before it does.

Peter.

Comment

hi peter, can you go into your site 1 folder and find and upload Actinic.css

this may provide a clue..

steve

Comment

Ok Steve I've done that and the fonts have defaulted to Times New Roman, am I missing the point here, not seeing the wood for the trees etc?

I presume now that actinic cannot see my css, but the font colours are still correct.

Peter

Comment

You may have uploaded the template for the CSS file rather than the one with all the variables substituted for your colour values.

I think Steve was wanting you to upload the css file to the forum - but don't worry about that now as I think I have got a solution for you.

Firstly, repair your CSS file and all your fonts by going to 'actinic.css' in your Site1 folder. Open it in Notepad and make a simple change (like adding a blank line to the bottom of the file) and then save and close the file.

When you next upload in Actinic, it should upload the correct file.

The colour values in your address boxes come from the following lines in Act_Order01.html and Act_Order02.html:

<TABLE WIDTH=CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=1 BGCOLOR=%s><TR><TD>
                        <TABLE WIDTH=100% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=4 BGCOLOR=%s>

The %s values are the variables that are substituted for colour values.

I would suggest you replace the %s with hard-coded colour values e.g.

<TABLE WIDTH=CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=1 BGCOLOR=#ffffff><!-- %s --><TR><TD>
                        <TABLE WIDTH=100% BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=4 BGCOLOR=#eeeeee><!-- %s -->

The <!-- %s --> tags are important to have in there or else strange things may happen further down the page.

Hope this helps.

Comment

sorry peter, and yes chris i did mean, post the file up here...

steve

glad you sorted it...

Comment

Ok..Thanks guys, I've hardcoded the colours and the page looks ok, just one more question, the Welcome page that is displayed after the client logs in. What template creates that, as the welcome message is displayed in a blue table.

peter

Comment

The 'Welcome to...' box that appears to logged in customers on the front page of the store comes from 'Design | Text'. Click 'Go to' and go to prompt 210.

Comment

Working...
                              X