Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background image within Actinic Catalog

Hi

I have a background image within my catalogue section http://www.warmrooms.co.uk/acatalog/ which seems to take along time to load, I have reduced the image size down to only 13K and all of the images for the sections on this page are only just over 1K, therefore making a total of approximately 50K.

It seems to takes ages to load, any ideas? I use Supanames as my sever.

Please let me know any thing you may have found yourselves or by looking at my website.

Thanks

Brian

That huge menu on the left is requires Act_section_tree.js to load and your one is 286Kb!
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman - reply

Hi Norman

I thought this may be part of the problem as i have noticed this slow upload for a while, even prior to uploading this background image - how do you suggest i fix this.

Please keep this as simple as possible as i am quite scared going into templates.

Thanks

Brian

Comment

There are 3 possible ways all with advantages and disadvantages. None of them are completely simple.

1) Stop using that two-level menu and only show the top-level sections. Searching for posts on "TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP" will help there.

2) Use a different menu system that uses smaller files. I've written several and you can see them on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff - there's also another one (Collapso) that isn't posted as Donationware (none of my new work is, due to way too much abuse). Any of these would stop the page from being so long as the sub-levels would only show whan you click or mouse-over the top level.

3) Use a patch (FilePruner) to limit the size of that Act_section_tree.js to only 2 levels. This should reduce the file size quite a bit. Again I've written the patch that will do this. You'll need a PHP enabled server.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

Hello Norman

I think i wish to purchase the Collapso from you - let me get this right you would hovver over the main section e.g. HEATED TOWEL RAILS and you would then see the sections within?

Please get back to me so if i have got the above bit right i can purchase - i am sure you would need to help me set up.

Thanks

Brian

Comment

Working...
          X