Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account mod or maybe upgrade

Hi all,

Im definitely going to need some sort of account feature or customer login feature with actinic 7.0.6

As these features are not incuded with catalog im thinking of 2 things:

1: Create a new directory on my server called 'customer1' for example and get actinic to put a customer specific shop section in that directory. Then password protect the directory on the server side. All sounds good but I doubt actinic has the ability to work outside the 'acatalog' folder ?

2: Grit my teeth, bite my lip and put hand on credit card yet again for another upgrade to give me account / coupon features. Can someone tell me what is the cheapest way to upgrade catalog 7.0.6 to a version that has customer account features ?

I do like the idea that my customers can login and see their paid / unpaid invoices.

Cheers

Edit - £599 for the upgrade
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Hi Mick

1: Create a new directory on my server called 'customer1' for example and get actinic to put a customer specific shop section in that directory. Then password protect the directory on the server side. All sounds good but I doubt actinic has the ability to work outside the 'acatalog' folder ?
    I would'nt have though that Actinic could do this, it will only work in the folder it uploads to, You may need to purchase an additional licence to licence a new site, and upload another 'customer' store. So you have two sites

2: Grit my teeth, bite my lip and put hand on credit card yet again for another upgrade to give me account / coupon features. Can someone tell me what is the cheapest way to upgrade catalog 7.0.6 to a version that has customer account features ?
    Catalog v8 does have basic customer account features. But you can't have it in v7, that was only available for Business and Developer in v7.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X