Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Return To Top Of Section Problem

Hi Everyone

We Have Just Noticed Somthing On Our Site. When You Have Found An Item You Like And You Click On The Item To View The Large Picture, When The Picture Comes Up You Are Taken Back To The Top Of The Section You Are In Rather Than It Stay Were The Item Is. We Can Imagine This To Be Annoying For Our Customers Who Then Have To Scroll Down Again To Find Were They Were Up To...

Is This A Bug Or Can We Fix It? We Are Using The Extended Information Tab To View The Big Picture.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated....:

This should only happen if the main page is still loading when you click on the popup. Is this the case?

The reason for this is that opening a popup caused Internet Explorer to stop loading the page it's on, which if not corrected by a reload, would leave the customer looking at an incomplete main page.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi norman

when we click on the pop up the product section page has already completely loaded. Have a go to see what you think at www.justmackintosh.com.
      thanks

Steve

Comment

I have noticed it on other sites including some V8 sites - could it be due to some ie change?

Comment

it happens on firefox too (on my own test sites)

Comment

OK. I see it too. This is because you've done away with the Actinic code in the body tag and used your own.

In Act_Primary.html replace

Code:
            <body OnLoad="MM_preloadImages('home2.jpg','reccomendation2.jpg','checkout2.jpg','go_2.jpg','viewcart_2.jpg')">
            with

Code:
            <body OnLoad="bPageIsLoaded=true; MM_preloadImages('home2.jpg','reccomendation2.jpg','checkout2.jpg','go_2.jpg','viewcart_2.jpg')">
            and you'll be back in business.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman for your advice.

I have taken out the non standard code as you suggested and this has fixed the problem. Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your suggestion.

We were advised to introduce the non-standard code as a result of trying to fix another problem that we had a while ago.

Many thanks for your input - Much appreciated !

Steve Marsden,

Just Mackintosh.

Comment

Working...
              X