Header Logo Resize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Logo Resize

I am trying to put in an image when the page resizes.

WHere the screen resolution is 800 x 600 I have a standard sized logo that fills this up. However when the user has a 1024x768 screen size I get a blank block of colour on the right hand size of the screen.

However what I would like to do is to put a picture in its place so in other words for

800x 600 I have 1 normal logo
    1024 x 768 1 normal logo plus picture but for the next size up I would like 1 normal logo + Picture 1 +Picture 2 which will fill in the space as the screen resizes

Can this be done and how

Thnak you

Andrew

Is this the type of header you are looking for, see www.ruralwebdesign.co.uk

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your reply. Yes this is what I am looking for

Andrew

Comment

To do what you want you will need to create one image which is wider than the highest resolution you expect your users to use. This image will be made of three images one for each screen resolution - this can be tricky and will need some trial and error to get right depending on how your page is constructed.

Once this is done then you need to set the image as a background within a table (if you use css then your on your own!) if you have built the image correctly then it will show the additional images depending on the screen resolutions.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

'Once this is done then you need to set the image as a background within a table'

How do I do this and where please

Andrew

Comment

Use the design pane in Actinic or create an external design in DW.

Comment

Design....

Then what Themes... colours... options... text.?

Please a bit more information.

Thanks

Comment

I cannot give blow by blow instructions on the forum. You will need to get to grips with the software before you start to do slightly more complex things such as you are attempting.

Get used to using the Design functions in the design tab NOT the Design menu at the top of V8.

Comment

Thanks.... but is V7 not V8. It is different

Andrew

Comment

but is V7 not V8
                    Sorry - I missed the thread title. If it is V7 then unless you know html you will need Dreamweaver or other similar software to edit the act_primary and act_brochure templates. You can access the templates using the template manager.

Comment

Working...
                    X