Forgets Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgets Settings

My problem is each time I open Business V7 and go to print off invoices and packing lists, it forgets the printer and reverts back to a printer that is not my default printer. When I make the change, it will hold while Business is open but then as soon as I close the program and re-open it, it has forgotten again.
    It also forgets other settings, such as the format in how the orders are shown. That is to say, I usually have the new orders shown in date order at the top. Each time I close the program it forgets that and puts all new orders at the base.
    There are other small settings it seems to forget as well.

Why is my version of Business doing this? What is making it forget what is was set to show? It's no huge deal but it is really annoying. B.T.W. I have tried going into regedit and deleting the printers (as mentioned in another post) but that made no difference.

How do you re-setup your printers? You should be doing it by using the printer settings button on the print selection or print report dialogs.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Yes, by using the printer set-up button.
      It will accept the chosen printer, all the while the program is open. But as soon as the program is closed and re-opened it reverts back to another printer which is not the default printer either. And as I mentioned, other settings also get forgotten and revert back. For some reason Actinic is not remembering certain settings.

Comment

That is really strange, I don't know what could be causing that, sorry.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

hmmm... sounds a lot like my "actinic can't remember what size paper to use, and won't use the printer default" problem... guess v7 printing is just a bit flakey...
          John

Comment

Working...
          X