Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'cart is empty' even though it isn't

Hi,

Lately a customer was kind enough to report the occurence of a general script error due to the .cart file not being found:
    Erreur: Erreur de suppression ../acatalog/cacheZprsZac07ZproxyZaolZcomA1156521060B21244.cart (No such file or directory)

This is actually the second time this kind of error has been brought to our attention. My investigation did not bring anything up. I downloaded the 'error.err' file from the server and saw that it had logged several such errors, all of them triggered by the SHOPCART program.
    I tested with some orders and the .cart file gets created and updated allright (my ftp client displays the content of acatalog directory and I refresh the view each time I add an item to the cart). So I can't seem to find the reason to this problem.

However, when doing that I noticed that the little widget displaying the status of the cart sometimes indicates that my 'cart is empty' even though it is not. I click on the add-to-cart button of any given product and, on the confirmation page, the widget shows correct information (number of items, total price), I confirm and am bounced back to the catalog and the the widget says 'your cart is empty'. wtf is going on? I haven't got a clue.

Any ideas on that matter?

Henri aka lazyeye

Probably that you're entering your site without using the www. prefix on the domain. www.domain.com and domain.com are different domains and a cookie on one will usually be blocked on another.

You should really create an htaccess file to redirect non-www users to your www. domain. Try searching the forums to find out how to do this.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

good

ok, that does it. Thanks.

Any idea about the first problem? The .cart no-such-file-exists thing?

Comment

I've no idea on the first part of your question.

It is strange though that there's a proxy ID as part of the session name rather than an IP number. I wonder if that's related.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I'll check that out.

Comment

Working...
          X