Can you use customer variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use customer variables?

Is it possible to use data from the customers account?

for example, is there a netquotevar/customvar for -

Main contact name?
    Buyer Name?
    Login Name?
    minimum order value?
    payment method?
    notes?
    e-mail address?
    John

Bruce? Anyone?
    John

Comment

Hi John

I'm afraid the account details are kept within encrypted files, and only the bb00000x.pl file uses them. There is no Netquotevar for these.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

So is there any way of telling who is logged in? Any identifying variable at all?

How does the basket know which address to use for example?

If not then can I use the bb00000x.pl file to return a value?
        John

Comment

How does the basket know which address to use for example?
          The *.fil files in the acatalog folder contain the name and address information. These are encrypted on the web server and it is only a 'MD5 Hash' engryption algorithm in the Perl scripts that can display the information.

I'm afraid that's literally everything I know about perl and customer accounts. Sorry it's not of much use.

Comment

Is there someone in your team who would know the answer? What is the best way of progressing this?
            John

Comment

Sorry John, but I don't think there is any way forward with this.

We are happy to help you out when things aren't working, but we are unable to support you with your custom perl requirements. If you wanted to contact our Sales team, I'm sure they can put you in touch with a Perl developer who can do what you require.

Comment

ok, will try that.

But can I assume that in the actinic access DB the account details are held with the order details?

ie. If I extract the order from access it would be relitevely easy to extract the account name? There would be no encryption or anything like that?
                John

Comment

No there will be no encryption - everthing is stored in plain text in the database. You'll see that an order has several references to originating customer accounts - check the details of the order export files in the help for the detailed information.

Comment

Working...
                  X