No announcement yet.

Dear Jim'll Fixit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - I do see the point. For me I think it was down to the confusing wording - which made me suspect of the discount especially as initially I could see no logic in it at all. It just seemed random. And if I and various other merchants were confused then I'm guessing so will a variety of customers be.

I've already edited the wording as best I can. I can't think of any ideal way to word it so in the shopping cart when you have 2 items I've just put 'Get the cheapest 3 for 2 product free by ordering 1 more.' rather than '... by buying 1 more.' Which is at least a little less misleading.

Was also thinking of rewording the offer to 'Order 2 items and add a 3rd free.' - but that's slightly misleading too. 'Order 3 items and get the cheapest of the 3 free.' gets a bit wordy and isn't much clearer, I think.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Jemski
      Yes - I do see the point. For me I think it was down to the confusing wording -

Any ideas?
      Sadly, no. I do agree you have a point here.
      And this is why retailers such as Boots go to some length to explain how it is calculated!

I'd have thought the customers know the ins and outs of "3 for 2" nowadays though, don't they?
      Does it really need spelling out?
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
        I'd have thought the customers know the ins and outs of "3 for 2" nowadays though, don't they?
        Does it really need spelling out?
        I would have thought it does if I and several other merchants didn't know why the unexpected discounts were being applied. Also, I asked a variety of people to test my site and some of them did pick up unexpected discounting.

I guess it's down to the experience of the shopper - if you regularly buy 3 for 2 at Boots or TESCO you'll know what to expect. If not then you probably won't. And if some customers don't understand it then IMHO it has to be explained. I've been puzzling over it for 6 months and some posts to this site suggest other people have given up on it completely.

Comment

My confusion also arises from the wording and my interpretation of it and my expectations in what was going to happen when the items were added to the cart.

Martin's argument has convinced me Actinic is correct and the way it should be working. Will need to find a solution that fits in with the current B&M model and the way that Actinic works with the wording displayed. My previous multi buys have been based on not splitting unit outers to encourage the purchase of full units (without resorting to using price banding) - definitely need a re think on how to implement this to suit both the customers expectations and the way we need to operate the deals

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont

Martin's argument has convinced me Actinic is correct and the way it should be working.
            way to go Martin!!!
            Fancy negotiating with my bank for me?
            Tracey

Comment

If I've managed to teach Jonty something, the bank should be a breeze!

I'm going to start on my next thesis tonight - its entitled "you lot are all wrong, and Actinic version 8 is actually completely bug free"

Comment

hope you can condense it to 1000 words or less.... that's about my attention span!
                Tracey

Comment

I'm going to start on my next thesis tonight - its entitled "you lot are all wrong, and Actinic version 8 is actually completely bug free"
                  Would you like to join to our marketing department? ;-)
                  Zoltan
                  Actinic Software
                  www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by zmagyar
                    Would you like to join to our marketing department? ;-)
                    Spoken like a true programmer Zoltan LOL

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood
                      If I've managed to teach Jonty something, the bank should be a breeze!
                      Never too stubborn to learn ... despite what Mrs Jont will try and tell you

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                      X