Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

502 Gateway ERROR (strict, Socket, Cwd, File::Copy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

502 Gateway ERROR (strict, Socket, Cwd, File::Copy)

Using our own W2K (IIS5) Server with ActivePerl5.8 installed we get the following error when files are merged on the server as the last process of the upload:-

"502 Gateway ERROR"

If we upload via: Web|Configure Network|ConfirmEachSetting then we get the following detailed Error after manually correcting the Perl path from "/usr/bin/perl" to "../../Perl/bin" :-

Some of the Perl packages that Catalog requires have not been installed on the web server:
    strict
    Socket
    Cwd
    File::Copy

Please advise how to resolve this issue as ActivePerl only comes with a Command Shell Interface called pmm (Package Module Manager) and no further instructions other than the terse pmm help.

I have tried:

pmm>install Cwd.pm
    &
    pmm>install C:\Perl\Lib\Cwd.pm

Neither works, can you please give me an example on how to install these packages.

Can I also ask why you try to find Perl with the following "/usr/bin/perl" when Perl installed itself by default in "C:\Perl\bin" with it's appropriate environment variables set accordingly ?

FYI: The cgi-bin and the acatalog directories are found OK and loaded with their appropriate files.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Hill

Hello Andrew

Have you taken a look at at our latest Advanced User Guide for version 6 available at:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Page 93 onwards includes a step by step guide in setting up IIS5 for use with Actinic.

I hope this is of use to you.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Daren, Thank You for your reply.

I thought I made it very clear that IIS is working fine, that FTP uploading is working fine, that all required directories and permissions are working fine.

I though I made it very clear that ActivePerl by default has not loaded all the packages that Actinic demands according to Actinic.

What I did ask was how to load the Perl Packages that Actinic demands and this is not in the Advanced User Guide or any other guide for that matter.

As Actinic has interrogated the Perl installation and declared it needs these packages I would have thought that Actinic would advise how to add them.

Being new to Perl I am asking how to do this.

Andy

Comment

Hello Andrew

What happens if you type perl -v at in the Windows command prompt?
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Additionally to what Darren has said.

ActivePerl should be a windows self installing program.

Here is the link to Active Perl: MSI Package

Therefore it should install itself into c:\perl
          All the libraries files should be in c:\perl\lib
          The perl executable file should be in c:\perl\bin

Please could you check this on your PC.

You may need to remove and reinstall the ActivePerl package from Add/Remove Programs; if some of the libraries are missing

Hope this helps you
          Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem, I un-installed Perl, Stop/Started WWW Services, re-installed Perl and all works fine.

I am at a loss as to why the first install of Perl failed to work with Actinic when it worked fine on the server, the second install worked fine with Actinic, can you shed any light on this ?

Regards
            Andy

PS The perl scripts are very slow, is there a way to speed it up ?

Comment

Hi Andy

Take a look at http://www.activestate.com/Products/PerlEx/

This may help.
              Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X