cookie error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cookie error

When my site is displayed via my main website name the site performs correctly.
    However, when the site is displayed from an alternative, 'alias' url via web forwarding it displays from the 'contact us' button: ........

This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.
    This can be for several different reasons, but they are all under your control:

- you may have disallowed cookies altogether in your browser

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site

Cookies in this shopping application are used to keep track of your cart contents, remember names and addresses when you ask for them to be remembered and, when relevant, keep you logged on.

Cookies are not used in any way that abuses your privacy or security.

Please change your settings to allow cookies either in your browser or firewall. If you choose not to, I'm afraid that we cannot complete your request.

Please click here to return to the catalog.

Cookies are not disabled (as i say, the site performs ok when called up with the main name)

Does anyone know a solution?

John

cookie error

For more info:
    The main site is
    www.audiotrekking.com
    An alias pointing to it is
    www.solar.gb.com
    [the 'contact us' link can be accessed after selecting 'audio guides']

cheers
    John

Comment

Most browsers have privacy set to medium-high which means they block cookies from third party sites.

When on your solar.gb.com site, the cookies are still coming from audiotrekking.com and are therefor blocked as being 3rd party cookies.

The solution is to do 301 redirect from the alias url rather than web forwarding. This will also help the search engines understand that don't have the same site under two urls and any penalties they might apply.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X