Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Actinic be set to accept orders for quantity in stock (or less) only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Actinic be set to accept orders for quantity in stock (or less) only?

And without showing that amount (online) to customers?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

yeah i beleive so , i think it automatically selects stock monitoring in version 7 ( not sure tho ) then you have to put the quantity in hand for each product , then in business settings>options you can have suspend and stock warning amounts, im not an expert with actinic so dont know if this will be of help

Gavin

Comment

Hi George

There is the maximum order quantity box, which would effectively do this job, when combined with regular uploads
      Assuming you didn't want to do this manually (ie change the maximum order quantity manually every time stock levels changed) you would need some code that populated this field after referencing the stock level field.
      No doubt it could be done by one of the coding boffins, but how complicated that would be I wouldn't like to say.

Gavin - I 'think' George means stopping someone ordering 2 when you only have 1 left. The suspend ordering option only works when stock falls below a set level. It dosen't stop someone trying to order 2 when you in fact only have 1 left.

Comment

Yes, I’d like to be able to do this. For some items, overselling can be a real problem as I can’t always say: “I’ll have more in stock in a couple of days”, as it can be weeks, or even months before I see new stock.

Alan Compton
        www.greenknightgames.co.uk
        Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street
        http://www.greenknightgames.co.uk/ac...iftTRAP_2.html
        GiftTRAP - the ideal Christmas game

Comment

This thread struck a chord, so I produced an application that makes managing the max orderable quantity just a little easier.

I have launched the manual version of ActStocker on the Egyptian Wonders Site, and will publish an automated (timer controlled) version in about two weeks time. [I can automate entire product line max = stock now, but I want to be able to let the user select product groups and/or specific sections to apply this to, leaving other stock controlled products (with quick stock replenishment) available for overordering]
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I use the "stock control mole" from mole-end - it can be set up to download orders at regular intervals and automatically adjust stock levels and max orderable quantities and then re-upload the site. Saves an awful lot of work and time.

http://www.mole-end.biz/cgi-bin/sh00...ADM#a1_21OSADM
            www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

There is an option on your stock control mole to automatically copy the number in stock to the maximum number orderable George, not a perfect solution because 2 people can still order more than you have but a good halfway house, the option is in the main options dialog on the upload option tab.

( thanks orcahouse by the way :-) )

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X