Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Wont Upload !!!

Hi,

i am trying to upload and it keeps on telling me that "the operation timed out" theree is a option to retry or cancel if i click retry it never work as it keeps on saying the same thing but if i click cancel it works ?

then i gets down to sending catalgoue files and then it says "Actinic is unable to upload to the site using the FTP protocol. Select Continue to upload the site using HTTP or Cancel to stop the upload."

so i click continue and then it says it cant upload try again?

it has just started to do this if i upload a bit in one day so i am unsure what has happened but the main problem is that people on my site cant shop properly as the main nav bar on the left becomes unactive if the upload does not work!!!!!

HELP

Are you using "passive ftp" and "enhanced ftp" under the network setup box? Also worth changing the timeout settings in the FTP options dialogue - but usually using passive ftp resolves most issues

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

how do i find out what i am using as this is is the first time that this has happened and do not know where to even start!

thanks

Comment

Inside Actinic Advanced | Network Setup and you will see the 2 tick boxes there.

The issue may be due to changes / work being done on the sly by your host which has upset the status quo of things. Using enhanced and passive ftp is the first step to resolving before trying something else

HTH

Bikster

Comment

thanks,

i dont know but i had a look and i am unable to look at this in advanced as it is faded out so i cant click on it!

how anoying!

Comment

Have you full access rights to change the network settings? Check under View | Business Settings | Options | Allow on the PC

Bikster

Comment

Araaaahhhhh , lol, no in there to it is not letting me do anything on there ethier!

do you think its something to do with the people that designed my site ages ago did something on here to not let me change anything like this?

thanks again

Comment

Paying designers to lock you out of the software? Whatever next!! Grrrr.

You could possibly modify the database to switch the option back on - I am not database guru so maybe someone else could clarify if this is possible and how

Bikster

Comment

Hi Alexander

Please give this a try to enable Network Setup Changes:

1. Please make sure that Actinic is closed. Go to the Start menu and click on Run. Type in Regedit and OK. This will open the Registry Editor.

2. Expand the group HKEY_CURRENT_USER and find Software. Under this you should find Catalog7. Before making any changes, please back-up the settings. You can do this by right-clicking on Catalog7 and selecting Export. You can always revert to this if something goes wrong.

3. Expand the group Catalog7, followed by the sub-folder Sites. Expand this too to see your site folder and select it. In the right-hand pane, you should see the field called NetworkSetup.

4. I am guessing that the value is N at the moment. Right click on this and select Modify. . Change this to Y and OK.

5. Close the Registry Editor and now re-start Actinic. The Network Setup option in Business Settings should be now editable.

Let me know how you get on. Please do remember to back up the registry settings before you make any changes, as mentioned above.
                  Krithika Chandrasekar
                  SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X