Actinic & Quickbooks Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic & Quickbooks Plug-In

I am using Actinic for an e-commerce site and would like to link it directly to Quickbooks, but i was wondering whether or not Quickbooks can create an automatic invoive once some has placed an order on the e-commerce site.

Thankyou

Hi Saleem

It was reported that there were some duplicates to this posting elsewhere in the community forums. These have now been deleted. Could you avoid posting duplicate messages to avoid any confusion.

Thanks
    Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

no problem

Comment

Hi there

The way that the Actinic Link for Quickbooks (one-way link) works is that once you download orders into Actinic and click 'export', those orders are translated into an IIF file which then needs to be manually imported into Quickbooks.

If you are using Quickbooks 2002 or 2003 in the US then when you do an 'export' in Actinic then the orders are directly added into the Quickbooks database.

Invoice creation then has to be triggered within Quickbooks. Normally this would be done manually but there may be a way to automate it - I don't know.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thankyou for your help, i realised however that Quickbooks only allows one way communication but the Sage plug-in works two-way. Do you know if Sage can facilitata an auto invoice or similiar operations
          regards
          saleem

Comment

Actinic Link for Sage works in a very similar way to the Link for QuickBooks - i.e. you trigger an export in Actinic and then the orders are transferred into Sage.

You can, however, trigger an export via a windows command line of the following form:

C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Catalog.exe /d /x

If you set this up to run every half-hour or so, then Sage will be automatically populated with order information. What I don't know is whter Sage can automatically generate invoices in the way you describe. You would have to ask them.

Comment

Thankyou very much, this piece of information is very useful to me
              Regards.

Comment

Working...
              X