Hide some sub sections in Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide some sub sections in Menu

Hi everyone. I'm using the smart theme and each time I create a section, a bold link to that section is created in the menu on the left (which is fine). When I create a sub section, this is also shown beneath the bold main section in the menu on the left. This works well for many of my products.

For some sections i'd like to only have the bold main section displayed in the main menu on the left and not show the sub sections until the main section link is clicked upon. I then want to show the sub sections as a series of links on a page (if that makes sense).

I know I can display links to other pages in a grid or row format by overriding the default settings in a section (altering the list placement). But how do I hide the sub section from the main menu on the left?

For example the menu looks like this :

Widgets
    blue widgets
    green widgets
    yellow widgets

Bigger Widgets
    large blue widgets
    large yellow widget

The links to the Widgets would be as displayed above (including sub sections).

The links to the large blue and large yellow widgets are hidden but when the main link 'Bigger Widgets' is clicked you are taken to a page where the layout gives you the choice to click a link in a row format :

blue widgets yellow widgets etc etc etc etc

Hope that all makes sense.

Dave

Hi Dave

Could you look at this thread and let me know if it helped at all :
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24885
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...