Upgrade to fix problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to fix problem?

Can anyone answer these two questions for me please as I'm still getting very little help from actinic support?

(a) When you get a data truncated error in version 6 does it mean that I have to shorten the characters to 255 in the fragment titles or the text in the text box within the fragment? And if I do this will the error box just stop appearing upon start-up of Actinic or when I try to upload the site?

(b) If I upgrade to version 8 will this fix my data truncated box as the information I found seems to say that this error was fixed in version 7. It says in relation to V7: "You can now create a fragment in a section page that has more than 255 characters in the 'text' field without a data truncated error"?
    Julie
    www.toys-to-you.co.uk
    Toys with Integrity

Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear this seems to be dragging on.

Where did you get to on this?

- Have you managed to open the database in access 2000 yet?
    - Can you start actinic?
    - Do you have a site snapshot?

If you have a site snapshot then there are a couple of things you could try:

1. Download V8 and try importing the snapshot into that
    2. Backup your site1 files and then try to import the snapshot back into V6.

For the second option you may need to backup your site1 files and go back to a default installation to get V6 running so you can try the import.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for your reply.
      I can't open the database in any version of Access and neither can the Actinic support staff!
      I can open Actinic I just can't upload any changes - which is quite important for me as I sell toys and we are in the run up to Christmas.
      I do have a snapshot of the site so I'll have a try at what you've suggested.
      I've also managed to arrange a telephone chat with one of the Actinic support guys tomorrow morning so I'll wait and see what comes from that and if I still haven't got anywhere I'll try what you suggested.
      Many thanks.
      Julie
      www.toys-to-you.co.uk
      Toys with Integrity

Comment

Working...
      X