Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legend SMTP Email Problems

Hello All,

I, like many Actinic users before me, are having a problem with my smtp settings.

My clients site is hosted with Legend who have already confirmed to me that all my mail settings are correct (smtp.mail.legend.co.uk and password authentication turned on). Trouble is, if I try and check from the Actinic Network Setup page it says the SMTP server is invalid. Legend swear blind it isn't and say that the problem probably lies with the fact that the server doesn't allow direct connections. This means I can't check it without a Legend connection, but when the site is running on their servers it should be fine. Only it isn't, the receipt isn't generated and sent.

Actinic say it must be a problem with Legend, but I have also checked the forum and other users have their mail configured this way without any problems. Legend also point out that if their mail servers went down they would know within seconds as the switchboard would light up faster than Rick Wallers face in a cake shop.

I have also tried turning off the username and password and just having 'localhost' in the smtp server box to no avail.

My client won't be using Actinic to download orders (they don't need to as they won't be using the stock check and will be getting payment receipts from Protx) so I really need to get this nailed.

Anyone got any ideas before I'm forced to smash up my laptop with a hammer?!

Thanks
    Charles

it could be their ISP - does the ISP (ie BT AOL) block port 25?
    My client won't be using Actinic to download orders (they don't need to as they won't be using the stock check and will be getting payment receipts from Protx)
    how wil lthe client know what to ship, does the protx email tell you the item ordered?

Comment

When hosting with legend previously I retained their old servers "businessserve" which worked fine with Actinic - worth a try to see if they are still in use

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

According to Legend, other people run Actinic on their server successfully without any problems so they don't know what could be causing it. Very annoying. Can you change the port it is sent through in Actinic?

The client is being copied in on the Actinic receipt so they'll know what to ship.

Comment

According to Legend, other people run Actinic on their server successfully without any problems
          yes but as mentioned above some ISPs - Note ISP not HOST- block port 25

I host loads of actinic sites, the majority of clients can send email from within Actinic fine, but those who use ISPs who block port 25 can not. There is nothing that I as a host can do about this.

Some ISPs allow SMTP through other ports, see http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&highlight=AOL

Comment

Legend host and ISP ... although we binned them off several years back - first as hosts as they were appalling for Actinic and then later as a broadband connection as we got a better deal via BT when moved premises

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X