Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Sage Link Issue

Hi again

We have now successfully transferred our products from Actinic to Sage.
    We can view them and all looks good.

We can also transfer sales orders from Actinic to Sage.

BUT the two things do not tie up! So when we find a product in Sage it has no reocrd of there being any sales - even though there are.
    And when we bring up a customer, although it says how much money was spent, it does not have the information on which product was bought. Sage says because the record was transferrred in Batch it cannot drill down.!!

Please can someone help with this as it actually means the link program is totally useless. We have spent ages trying to get products accross only to find they don't tie up with either existing orders or newly transferred orders.

Please help!

Jez

The trick is to transfer sales orders rather than batch invoices and complete your sales order > stock allocation > despatch > invoice process in Sage.

Works quite well, honestly.

Comment

? I dont really understand that - we need to use Actinic to do all our sales order procressing. I thought the Link Program would transfer all the correct information into sage for the accountant analysis.

Can Actinic please comment on this ?

Comment

Hi there

Can anyone help with this? Surely someone is transferring orders by batch into sage and need them to link up with products ? It is very frustrating.

Comment

Yes, I do. But I transfer orders rather than invoices and do the SOP in Sage. Far as I know if you transfer invoices Sage just gets the accounting detail but no product detail.

Sage doesn't need the product detail to be able to account for the invoices and its batch invoice input allows you just to record the bare accounting details.

Which transaction type are you transferring to Sage?

Comment

I click on reports, export, export orders. I would expect the details of the order to go across to sage - that is basically who ordered what. What is the point in knowing Mr Smith spend £100 if you dont know what he spent it on ?
            Also the fact that "Widget" has sold needs to be recorded in Sage and it just isn't which makes stock control impossible.

As far as I'm concerned Sage Link has just been a big expensive time consuming waste of time.

Comment

Jez

You are using 'Batch Invoice' to transfer your product details to sage. This just makes an entry in the 'Activities' area of your customers - and can be viewed by accountants to see what money has been received.

With this method of transfer, you do the stock monitoring/fulfillment in Actinic and just transfer the order record into Sage.

If you want to produce invoices and do stock monitoring in Sage then you need to use a transfer method of either 'Invoice' or 'Sales Report' in the 'Transaction Types' tab of Sage.

Comment

OK thanks for that - in SAGE LINK, Transactions Types, I currently have it set to "BATCHINV". Other choices are "Invoice" or "BATCHCSV". I take it that you say I should set it to "Invoice" ?

Jez

Comment

There should be an option called 'INVOICE' and also an option called 'SALES ORDER'. Use 'SALES ORDER' for any orders where payment details are entered online (e.g. via PSP or Shared SSL) and use 'INVOICE' for any order where you are awaiting payment (e.g. 'Invoice with Order' or 'Payment on Account').

Then all the orders which have a transaction type of 'SALES ORDER' will end up in the 'SOP' bit of Sage, and any orders with a transaction type of 'INVOICE' will end up in the 'Invoicing' bit of Sage.

Note that stock levels don't go down in Sage until you allocate stock to an order.

And that is about the sum total of my Sage knowledge. If you need more information about processing orders in Sage, I suggest contacting an accountant.

Comment

Thanks for that. I do have the option of "INVOICE" in transaction types, but not "SALES ORDER". I also have "BATCHINV" and "BATCHINVCSV". Why dont I have SALES ORDER ?

Comment

What version of Sage are you using? I think Sales Orders are only available in the Financial Controller version. If you are just using Accountant or Accountant Plus then you will need to do all the order processing, fulfilment and invoicing via Actinic, and then just transfer the Batch Invoices to Sage for your records. This won't do stock control or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X