• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add scroll bar to section list

Hi all

Please take a look at my site:-

www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

The site uses the theme called "Layout14", a standard theme.

On the LHS you will see a vertical section list containing "Home Page", "Free Wine", and more stuff below. The problem I have is that some visitors say they cannot see all of the items in the list, with the list going below the bottom of the screen, and no scrollbar appearing to allow access to the lower items. Consequently some people just can't access some items on the list. This problem is compunded by the fact that I wish shortly to add more stuff to this list, making it longer.

Also the list does not start high enough up the page, and I can see no way of moving it up.

Does anyone know how I can add a scrollbar, or making it start higher up, or have any other suggestions?

As I say, I have not seen the fault myself, although others say it appears for them reliably.

All input gratefuly received!

Regards

Nick Dobson
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Hi Nick

the frame containing your nav bar has has scrolling set to "no", it needs to be set to "yes".

Also, open the files listed here to modify layout, spacing etc for the nav bar and its frame page.

Act_BrochureFrameNavBar.html
    Act_BrochureFrameNavItem.html
    Act_BrochureNavImage.html

ed

Comment

Nick

You can see the fault for yourself by un-maximising the window and manually reducing the height of it - no scrollbar appears. I would check in Act_Frameset.html that you have scrolling in the navbar frame set to auto, i.e.
      <FRAME SRC="NETQUOTEVAR:FRAMENAVBAR" scrolling=auto .....

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Scrolling

Hi Ben & Ed

Thanks for your suggestions. I thought I'd try Ben's first, then move on to using Ed's to get the formatting right. I looked in Act_Frameset.html and found 2 references like the one Ben mentions, both of which are already set to "auto", so no joy as yet. The file Act_Frameset.html is I believe the original unaltered one.

Isn't there a box to check somehere to turn scrolling on? I did hunt high & low but couldn't see anything...

Regards

Nick

Comment

My apologies, Nick. It's your brochure page that is framed, so the file you need to edit is Act_BrochureFrameSet.html. Look for the code near the bottom:
          <FRAME SRC="NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHUREFRAMENAVBAR" scrolling=no ....
          and change 'no' to 'auto'.

Ben
          Ben Popplestone
          Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks Ben, that worked just fine. I now have a scrolling brochure framset.

Regards

Nick

Comment

Just my opinion, but I'd get rid of the corks in the nav frame, then you will be able to see the text of the navigation without having to scroll across.

Comment

Working...
              X